"Locked" out of bedroom!

RottsNScotts

I can't get in my bedroom!:confused:

The handle will turn but is much harder to turn than normal and it does not feel like it is turning anything in the mechanism. Door is shut tight!

I am more than willing to take the handle off but have no idea how to do so!

And, of course, it is after 5 pm so no one to call...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

SNOKING

The handle will turn but is much harder to turn than normal and it does not feel like it is turning anything in the mechanism. Door is shut tight!

Is it Boomer, Freddie or both that locked you out? Pry up then down on the latch side of the door while trying to turn the handle. Chris

Is the trailer leveled correctly?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I am not familiar with how your door is constructed, but if it has a trim molding that the door closes against (opens into bedroom), try prying it gently away near the lock. You may be able to use a sharp knife to move the bolt out of the way. Removing the handle requires access to the mounting screws. If you can't see any screw heads in the handle mounting plate, then they're on the other side. :(

If the door opens towards you, then use a screwdriver and a hammer to tap the hinge pins out of the hinges and remove the door. Assuming, that is, that the door is mounted like a real door and not a piano hinge.

RottsNScotts

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

With some ideas from the Heartland Owners Facebook page folks and a definite cheering section, AND a bit of brute force (NO, I did NOT kick it open...although the thought DID occur to me!), door is OPEN!

Trashed the handle mechanism getting it open so might be hard to tell what failed and what I broke!

May or may not put a new one on...

RottsNScotts

Re: "Locked" out of bedroom!

Is it Boomer, Freddie or both that locked you out? Pry up then down on the latch side of the door while trying to turn the handle. Chris

Is the trailer leveled correctly?

Could have been either of those BAD boys, neither came up to help me and, usually, if I am on the ground, they are right there to see what I am doing!

Double checked the self levelling with my level and it was correct. Noticed it had done this - locked itself with no lock! - when I was hooked up and dumping tanks before coming to Ocean Shores. Decided it would be MUCH better to fight with it in 64 degree weather vs 89-90 degrees so just hit the road! So, my own fault that it was after 5 but SO worth it! VBG

Thanks for the suggestion!

- - - Updated - - -

I am not familiar with how your door is constructed, but if it has a trim molding that the door closes against (opens into bedroom), try prying it gently away near the lock. You may be able to use a sharp knife to move the bolt out of the way. Removing the handle requires access to the mounting screws. If you can't see any screw heads in the handle mounting plate, then they're on the other side. :(

If the door opens towards you, then use a screwdriver and a hammer to tap the hinge pins out of the hinges and remove the door. Assuming, that is, that the door is mounted like a real door and not a piano hinge.

Door opens into the bedroom so I had no access to the hinge pins and, for the first time ever, the door was so tightly closed, I could not even get any cards in to try to push the thingy (as Valerie Talley calls it and I have no better name! LOL) back.

Watched a couple of youtube videos which at least pointed me in the right direction. Not exactly as one could not see what they were actually doing as their hands were in the way but got me started...

Thanks for your suggestions!