Water intrusion in front storage compartment - BH270

I have a 2016 pioneer BH270 and noticed the flooring in the front storage compartment is discolored. Low and behold I have a leak. Water got in and the floor is soft. Any recommendations on how to fix? I’m going to replace the seal because it doesn’t seem as tight as the other side. After that, my plan is to pull up the laminate flooring and check the extent of the damage. How do I check to see if water extends to the master bedroom? Take the nightstand apart? I don’t want to screw anything up, but want to make sure I don’t have mold and repair any mold or damage before it spreads. Any assistance or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Also, I’m handy, but don’t always understand building terms, so pictures are appreciated too.

danemayer

Hi Laurenp,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear about the water damage, but I'm sure you'll get some advice from other owners shortly.

I had this too.

Installed drip rail downspouts, but most importantly, covered each screwhead in the door frame with a blob of caulk. Water is going in around the screw head and shank.

Next rain proved the fix worked.