Slide out problem

Smokeyfl

I am having a problem returning the slideout. I have a 3612, and the last slide gets about half way in and it stops. If I wait a few minutes, it will start again. It is getting worse and now takes 3 tries to get it all the way in. I am afraid one day it will not go in all the way and I will be stuck. I was an electrician and familiar with wiring. Is there a relay that is tripping? My dealer is about 2 hours and $$ of fuel away so I would like to fix myself. Any help would be appreciated.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Sounds like a faulty breaker. The breaker has a built in automatic reset. They are located close to your battery. There will be many of them in a series so you will need to determine which one it is and replace it. You may need to replace it with a larger rating, but only do that after you have tried to replace with one of the same rating first. In the event that you feel the need to upgrade it to a larger rated breaker please call Lippert first to determine if it will be safe.

Mark

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
My feelings is that the slide out needs to be adjusted, something is causing it to bind or pull more amperage through the motor causing the mini breaker to trip. it could be a weak connection too as that would cause a higher amperage pull.

I would have the slide out adjusted or at least verify it is running smooth. Then inspect and tighten the wiring at the switches, mini breaker and motor, verify the mini breaker is not weak, then check the operation.

My assumption is that will fix the problem, if not just let me know or you can call Lippert at 866-524-7821