Replacement tires for Goldways. Load Range E or G?

seabee

I'm sitting in an out of the way place in NM, with 4 Goldway tires and at first I noticed two of them had knots on the outside, so called Goodsam roadside asst. for help,they found me a Goodyear dealer and I order 4 new tires e rating then I get a call from Goodyear telling me that the load range E on the Goldway is was not the same as USA tires,and that my unit should have G rated tires,and they informed me that the E is only good for80 psi,man what a bunch of ****,why Heartland puts these tires on there unts has to be about money but then she tells me that the wheels are rated for 110 lbs of air you got me man.

jbeletti

seabee,

Do you have a Bighorn 3670? If yes, I believe they are supplied with 16" wheels with load range G tires. If this is the case, when replacing the tires, in order to maintain your GVW rating, you must use load range G tires.

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Seebee...I see from previous posts you do, in fact, have a 3670RL. That unit definitely comes with 7,000lb axles and G Rated tires. The wheels are also rated at 110 pounds to take the maximum pressure allowed by the G rated tires...DO NOT have E rated tires put on your rig...you will definitely have problems!!

Have Goodyear replace with G614's...we replaced our Goldways just over a year ago with G614's and have, to date, put over 20,000 miles on them...they still look brand new, and not one problem! Just finished a 1,600 mile, three day trip, and as usual the tires performed flawlessly...also had them on previous 5er with absolutely no problem! Good luck.

seabee

Hey ! Jim glad to hear from you,Yes I do have a Big Horn 3670 RL and yes it has 16 in rims,the problem is that it came from Heartland with Goldway tires and the rating on them is E's not G and the Goodyear dealer told me that the (the China) tires have a lower load range then do tires made in the USA but that the load range on the tire says its higher is not true,they said in most cases,if a RV manufacturer go's to the trouble of putting a high dollar rim on a unit the at least will use a proper rated tire.
So I ended up getting 4 Goodyear's E rated to finish the trip back to our winter home in AZ.
I talked to the tire dealer in the town of Quartzite AZ and we are going to put the Goodyear's on my 3500 GMC order two more Goodyear's for the truck,and putting G rated tires on the 3670.
Then I won't have to worry about them giving up.
I have been reading on the Heartland post about others with the same problem.
Hey!I hope this might help other's to check if they have these tires so as not to have a blow out and damage there trailer.
Seabee Bud

jbeletti

seabee,

Sorry but I am not fully following you here. And I am not trying to get into a debate on the subject of tires. All I want to get across is, DO NOT use load range E tires on your 3670. To do so will potentially subject those load range E tires, regardless of brand, to more load than they are rated for. If Goodyear tires is what you prefer, please consider their G614 RST tire. Its rating matches the rating of your wheels and matches up well with the GVWR of your coach.

Jim

seabee

Same Same

When I'm wrong I have no problem addmiting it,and I in deed was wrong about the rating on the tires they are G rated.
Now the E that I put on will come off and go to my truck that needs tires.

jbeletti

Thanks seabee for clarifying. That is great that you have a good use for the load range E tires. Get yourself some G614s for your RV - you will happy with them. Most of us that have them are.

Jim

seabee

Thank Jim

I will take a look in to them,that they were getting to me in NM but thinking they were trying to rip me a new one but the price for the G's,well seemed to be high,so I though if I get back to home I can shop around but the fact is the price was not bad,but like I said it all worked out.
I also talked to the warranty guy, Joe and he said to take Pic's of the bad tires and send them to them and the bill for road service,Joe told me that they would refund me I think he said about 64.00 dollars per tire and I'm know sure the price of the Goldway tires are but thats not even close to what new ones are, but its better then a kick in the backside.
Again ThanksNone

seabee

We have changed our tires to the G614' and we are awaiting word from Goldway tires,to get our road service money we paid plus the 62 dollars per tire,which the tires still had 12/32nd tread,anyway they said they would pay us for the adjustment.
We just hope that other's with the Goldway tires will Seek to replace these very serious hazards from the American highways,One can only imagine the damage if both tires had blown or all four as all of them had bumps on them.
Heartland and other trailer makers that use these tires should be looking in to this and not endanger there buyers.

seabee

We now have G614's,if you have Goldway tires,check the inside and out for raised places,these tires are very Dangerous and the manufactures should be made aware of,and trailer makers need to take action.