Dinette Table

red4re

Our table in our booth is very close to the window and it is very hard to open and close the blinds. It takes two people - one on each side to slowly raise and lower the blinds so they do not snag on the table or the emergency window knobby thing.

I was wondering if I could move the pole mounts for the table about 1 inch farther out from the window???? I am not sure how they are mounted, and wanted to know if anyone has just drilled new holes and moved it out. Is there something special in the floor that would prevent you from moving it out?

thanks

red

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Red
I don't think it would be too hard to move the table base, they are usually just screwed to the floor.

charris57

The screws in our dinette table were so short that the table fell over. When I checked they were only long enough to go thru the baseplate and barely had a grip on the carpet. After several calls to I was told to use #10 screws that were 1" long. There is plywood under the carpet then a layer of FRP under that which is exposed to the outside if you look under your dinette slide.The screws secured to the plywood very well, and if by chance you get to the FRP material you will notice that that is some real tough material and again the 1" screws never made it to that depth. It's like trying to put a screw thru concrete you will know if you get a screw too long. Good Luck...Steve

Edd and Janet

We have the same problem as Red. Maybe the manufacturers of Heartland RVs would like to be made aware of the issue and correct for future.

red4re

thanks - I will look at this weekend. Another thought - would it be easier to move the pole mounts on the underneath side of the table instead of the floor? Since I will only move them 1 inch, it should not be too noticeable if the mounts are not centered. Heck - I bet they are not centered anyway.

red

zztop

We have the same problem with our booth table and blinds. The unit will be coming out of storage in a few weeks and I will start working on a few things.

Duramax1

The first thing I did after taking delivery of our Sundance was to remove the screws that were holding the table to the floor. Now we are able to move the table out from the window and provide us with lots of room for sitting near the window or accessing the window to operate the blinds.

I use straps to anchor the table and chairs when on the road.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
On our 2998RB we have the same issue, this past weekend I looked over and the wife had the blinda apart...

Have you moved your Red? Will the inch you are talking about mess with the slide coming in?

red4re

On our 2998RB we have the same issue, this past weekend I looked over and the wife had the blinda apart...

Have you moved your Red? Will the inch you are talking about mess with the slide coming in?

I am going to move mine this weekend. I am just going to move the mounts on the underneath side of the table just enough to give me clearance on the blinds - maybe an inch or so. I have plenty of room - so the slide is not an issue. We take the table down anyway when we travel. Your layout may be different though.

red