Inverter size for small small refidgerator

Dave49

Just curious as to the size of the inverter that is being used for a small residential refridgerator while traveling? I also tried my two Honda generators paralleled together using my Air Conditioning and would run for about 20 min, then would get an overload on the gens. So I thought I would get a small inverter while running the AC when needed and while traveling. But I want to get the right inverter. Thanks in advance.

I just looked it up and its a 10 cubic ft. fridge

You can do some research on the fridge you own to find the current draw. And hopefully you can find the current required to start the compressor which is a very short and can often exceed the generator or inverter as it tries to start
In simpler terms. A 2000 watt inverter in about equal to a 15 amp home outlet which is more than enough to power for a typical fridge
You might try just one of your generators to see if that powers it. I know a 1000 watt generator is too small to power start my home fridge. I tried though it was enough to keep it running if I could get the the compressor to start up

once you find find out what size inverter you’ll need. You will also need to decide on batteries. I use wet cell batteries and don’t like to drain them less than 75% if I can help it. It sounds like your generators are powering your entire rig and charging your batteries when running

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with the 3.42 gears[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels. (Pulls great !)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2014 Cyclone 3100 [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]G614 Goodyears [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Good Sam gps [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Trimark keyed alike [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center" [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Blue Sea System toggle source selector [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]L.E.D. running lights [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Quadra Bigfoot levelers [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Dexter wet bolts [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Boyo wireless backup camera [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]EMS-HW50C [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]TST 507RV [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Smittybuilt air compressor [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Splendide 2100XC [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]26k Husky hitch [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Mor Ryde pin box [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]6-volt 240 AH batteries [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Added dinette[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US)[/FONT][/FONT]

Squirlee

I have a residential fridge in my trailer and it runs off a Magnum 1000w inverter. There were some issues but we narrowed them down to battery issue. It seems to be running fine with the 1000 w. We can run the fridge for 2 days.