Water leak under refrigerator - dealer working on it

Country

We are still having the water leak from under the fridge during rain storms. Deal told me ours must be missing some kind of flashing and they would fix it, but now they tell me it is flashed corectly.... They said there was a crack in the caulk above the top vent. This amount of water is not coming from a small crack in caulk. I told them to keep looking. He said they would run a hose on that area and try to duplicate a rain.... We'll see what hapens...

Had the same problem since the day I picked up my 3010 in January. After trying to fix it myself unsuccessfully, I took it back to the dealer last week. After checking every leak path they could think of, they finally took off the refrigerator vent frame. It didn't look sealed correctly. Put some Dicor back there and so far so good. May take another good Texas downpour before I know for sure.

Bob in Houston

branson4020

Icantre Member
Yup,

Same problem here. I had to remove the refer vent frame and caulk behind it. No visible gap in the exterior caulking, but all the same, when I pulled the frame the edge of the wood siding under the fiberglass was soaking wet and screws were badly rusted. It was obvious that water had been running down inside the wall for some time. I was surprised that there was no seal of any kind behind the vent frame to begin with.

imchud

We are still having the water leak from under the fridge during rain storms. Deal told me ours must be missing some kind of flashing and they would fix it, but now they tell me it is flashed corectly.... They said there was a crack in the caulk above the top vent. This amount of water is not coming from a small crack in caulk. I told them to keep looking. He said they would run a hose on that area and try to duplicate a rain.... We'll see what hapens...

Rick,
We have had the same problem for the past two years... The carpet next to our refer unit kept getting soaking wet after a hard rain? we had it to two different dealers and a moble rv repair company look at the slide and the seals but to no avail. We just (today) picked it up from RV Capital in elkhart IN, they had it for two weeks and with the help from some people on this fourm they found the same problem as others have listed in this post. The outside vent frame was never sealed, water was getting in and running down the between the wall where the carpet was wicking up the water. They removed the entire refer unit and they said there was no caulking anywhere to prevent water from getting in. They sealed the wall that had been getting wet and caulked everything that would pose a problem, the frame that holds the outside vent was removed and properly sealed... No rain yet, but I'm (knock on wood) confindent that our water problem has finally been solved...

Tom

Had this issue with mine (08' 4012). Found out that the outer skylight was cracked and it would leak when raining. It would find its way between walls and leak out under the fridge then come out into the kitchen area.