Devils Tower

creeper

bigtower.jpg

creeper

Thanks , hard to take a bad picture in that part of the country.

bighornmountains.jpg

Had to take this picture. A Bighorn on top of the Bighorns at 9000 feet. Still lots of snow in Mid June.

truknutt

Committed Member
Creeper,

Did you go into the Park? We were there back in '02 during the Sturgis Rally and had a great time. Beautiful country is an understatement. You don't realize how "gi-normous" that tower is until you are standing at the base looking up...and the textures and colors were just awesome.

It was funny later when we realized all the big bad bikers were parked along the Park's road watching the Prairie Dogs entertain! It was like watching nature's version of "Whack-a-Mole" ....without the hitting, of course.

Thanks for sharing your photos. You should post them in the HOG.

creeper

Yes we went in and walked around the tower it was very awesome. It was kinda of sad, we killed Bob.. Bob(the name we gave him) was the Prairie dog that decided to run out in front of us last second and got smooshed. Then all the other prairie dogs came over to him. My wife was pretty upset, but nothing you can do hauling that kind of weight.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
That is some great country. However the eastern side of of Wyoming is sand, rolling hills and sagebrush. If you go more north you will go through Buffalo and Sheridan which is in the low mountains of the Big Horn. Now once you get on the west side you have the most beautiful mountain range I have ever seen.

I was raised northeast of Casper and the only reason I don't live there now is that the winters were so bad when I was a kid I did not want to work there. To Cold..

If we get togeather some time look me up and we will swap lies...

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Devil's Tower

Staying in the Cyclone in Douglas and working out west of town. Made a trip up there in July with some co-workers. Beautiful country. Working 85-90 hours a week right now...:eek:...haven't been on the forum in a while. Definitely been missing you guys! Gotta get to work! Later...

Attachments

• HT 006.JPG
    HT 006.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 32
  • HT 008.JPG
    HT 008.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 30