CANCELED: 2009 Michigan Fall Rally all set (Ludington) - Sept. 18-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
SORRY TO INFORM EVERYONE, BUT DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST, THIS SEPTEMBER HEARTLAND MICHIGAN RALLY WILL BE CANCELED. WE ARE STILL HAVING THE ST. IGNACE, MI RALLY. PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING US UP IN THE U.P.! ANY QUESTIONS E-MAIL or P.M. ME. THANK YOU TRAVELER07

• 5335 West Wallace Road Ludington,Mich
  • phone #231-845-6655 or 888-308-6602
  • Date:Sep.18-19-20-2009
  • The campground is located on 37 grassy acres with a 3 acre pond in the center
  • We have 10 fullhook up sites together, mention your with the Heartland Owners rally to receive discount price of $32.00 a night.
  • There are 3 heated swimming pools 2 outdoors 1 indoors and 2 spas
  • There is also a club house with kitchen facilities a portable cook grill for our use.
  • Ludington,Mich is located on the shores of Lake Mich.There is plenty to do there.
Agenda: TBD

Attendees

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Traveler, any idea how much it would cost to get across the Lake Michigan ferry with a 5th wheel? I haven't checked the website in a while. I suppose I could find out on my own but I thought you might have an idea. Thanks!

TRAVELER07

Lake Mich auto ferry 2008 rates

Hi Ray, The 2008 SS Badger Lake Mich auto ferry that crosses from Manitowoc Wisconson to Ludington Mich prices are Trailer-$4.95 a foot Tow Veh $70.00 each adult $67.00 one way. Call 1st to check on price rates for 2009 season TRAVELER07

laffman

We'll be coming up but won't be staying at the campground. We have a seasonal site at Silver Lake, about 30 minutes south, and no way to pull the trailer. We'll be coming up during the day to meet everyone and participate in activities.

TRAVELER07

Tim and Shelley, Glad to see you can make it even for a day welcome aboard and to Heartland owners. Look forward to meeting you both. See you in Sep. TRAVELER07 PS I love to cruse the sand dunes but DW won't let me take our new truck on the dunes for now so go up Mt Baldy for me

laffman

Well the Jeep is out of comission for the winter. Last trip, I did a "Dukes of Hazzard" with it on the dunes, jumping 20'. Results: bent tie rod, broken ball joints, cracked water pump, bent front fenders.

And I didn't do the jump on purpose.

Winter project: BIGGER AXLES!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well the Jeep is out of comission for the winter. Last trip, I did a "Dukes of Hazzard" with it on the dunes, jumping 20'. Results: bent tie rod, broken ball joints, cracked water pump, bent front fenders.

And I didn't do the jump on purpose.

Winter project: BIGGER AXLES!
Less spring and double or triple shocks. Reversing the spring shackles on the front springs helps some too. Don't forget to add an axle truss. We used to drive the Jeep pulling a pop up from the Chicago western suburbs to Silver lake. Hope we didn't break it so we could make it home. What a blast the dunes were.

TRAVELER07

Ray, Come to the Mich summer or fall rally we talk about the old days of Silver Lake sand dunes and 4WD TRAVELER07

Status
Not open for further replies.