Clearsource Water Filtration System

smoore

I installed a new water filtration system this week. The filter included with my Landmark from the factory is only a 5-micron silt and sediment filter. Silt and sediment ranges from 5-100 microns, but bacteria ranges from 2-5 microns and the really bad parasite giardia is about 0.5 microns.

I selected the Clearsource system because has two extra-large canisters with a 5-micron silt and sediment filter as well as a 0.5-micron second stage carbon filter. The extra-large canisters don’t restrict water flow either.

This system was designed to sit on the ground outside for very ease of use without having to make any changes to install. I elected to do a permanent installation behind my basement wall, by drilling through the bottom of the filter chassis and screwing it directly to the floor. Once I got behind the wall, I noticed the factory filter was inline after the fresh water tank. Basically, I could put bacteria in my fresh water tank. I changed the design and installed the filter for all water entering the water system. This my personal choice but it didn’t make sense to possibly put bacteria in my water tank.

After installation, water flow was no different than before and now I feel much better protected against bacteria and parasites.

CS01.jpg

cs01a.jpg

Attachments

• cs01a.jpg
    cs01a.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 89

Bobby A

I installed a new water filtration system this week. The filter included with my Landmark from the factory is only a 5-micron silt and sediment filter. Silt and sediment ranges from 5-100 microns, but bacteria ranges from 2-5 microns and the really bad parasite giardia is about 0.5 microns.

I selected the Clearsource system because has two extra-large canisters with a 5-micron silt and sediment filter as well as a 0.5-micron second stage carbon filter. The extra-large canisters don’t restrict water flow either.

This system was designed to sit on the ground outside for very ease of use without having to make any changes to install. I elected to do a permanent installation behind my basement wall, by drilling through the bottom of the filter chassis and screwing it directly to the floor. Once I got behind the wall, I noticed the factory filter was inline after the fresh water tank. Basically, I could put bacteria in my fresh water tank. I changed the design and installed the filter for all water entering the water system. This my personal choice but it didn’t make sense to possibly put bacteria in my water tank.

After installation, water flow was no different than before and now I feel much better protected against bacteria and parasites.

View attachment 58920

View attachment 58922

Wow !! Nice work, keep us all posted on the results and how much better the water is for drinking. We are in a RV park in MI. and the well water hear is TERRABLE !! We only use it for showers and doing dishes, I would really like something like you just installed to make the water better and DRINKABLE.
Thanks,
Bobby

smoore

Wow !! Nice work, keep us all posted on the results and how much better the water is for drinking. We are in a RV park in MI. and the well water hear is TERRABLE !! We only use it for showers and doing dishes, I would really like something like you just installed to make the water better and DRINKABLE.
Thanks,
Bobby

Bobby,

We are very happy with our Clearsource filter system. The combination of the sediment filter and the carbon block filter really cleans up the water. For specific problems, like sulfur or rust, give them a call. They have a line of specialty cartridges and systems they can talk to you about. (949) 860 1561

Steve

Oregon_Camper

That is great! I worked with Stuart (owner of ClearSource) to create a YouTube. He and I keep in touch and I know he is considering a custom solution that we might be able to put into the UDC. This is only in the planning stage now, so don't go looking for it on Amazon. :cool::cool:

Love the idea of mounting that permanently behind the wall. However, if you're not a full time RV'er, Stuart recommends you drain the water from the filters if you're going to not use it within ~2 weeks. Might be even less time if your RV is stored in a hot location.

Here is the link to the YouTube video I did for ClearSource
https://youtu.be/LXEmvQAJ0l0

Kbvols

Nice job on the install! Clearsource definitely a great product. Built like a take and does great job filtering the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

Be aware that bacteria can grow in standing water tanks, even those that have been previously disinfected. That is probably why the OEM Landmark filter was installed post water tank - assuming RV park water is up to state water standards, the water that has been sitting in your tank could be more of a risk.

During my career as a hospital medical equipment electronics technician, I was at one time primarily responsible for the equipment in the dialysis department, including the incoming freshwater processing equipment. We installed some new equipment to clean and reprocess patient's dialyzer membranes for reuse to cut costs. This reprocessor system included a water tank. The RO treated water could only be kept in that tank 2 days before the tank and lines had to be re-sterilized for fear of bacterial growth.

Alan_B

... This system was designed to sit on the ground outside for very ease of use without having to make any changes to install. I elected to do a permanent installation behind my basement wall, by drilling through the bottom of the filter chassis and screwing it directly to the floor...

We have the Clearsource system and are very happy with it. We keep it in a tub in the drivers side of the basement, taking it out and hooking it up at each site.

The permanent installation is very tempting as the assembly is a bit of a load to move, and of course dealing with the time to set up and take down. But as part-timers, I prefer to keep the Clearsource as it is. Between trips I drain it and dry out the filters to avoid mold and/or bacteria growth.