Filling Fresh Water Tank

Barry Crocker

Yesterday I was going to flush out and sanatize my fresh water tank on my 2008 3055RL. I completely drained the tank. When I went to fill the tank I can only get a few gallons in the tank through the fill line. After just a couple of gallons water starts backing up through the fill line. Any ideas?

Barry

jnbhobe

Barry; I'll bet you'll find the vent tube has water in it. You can try to blow it out with a piece of hose against the vent screen. The permenent fix is to pull the belly down and make sure the vent line is above the tank and fastened to the floor.You'll probably find it taped to the fill line laying beside the tank. Do a search on the forum for water tank fill,a lot of people have this problem. If you use your fresh water tank a lot you will want to fix it right. Hope this helps,JON :):)

boatdoc

Welcome to one of the only woes of Heartland. This happens way to often with Heartland. Your vent line has dropped below the top of the tank allowing the water to enter into it and block the vent. Crouch over and blow in the little vent outlet to blow the water back into the tank and it will cure it for the time being. I have not had the time to take the underbelly down in ours to fix it RIGHT yet but plan on it. If you search on the forum you will find MANY threads on this same problem.