Walking on 3912 roof

beasleyrl

Does anyone know how much weight the roof on a Cyclone 3912 can support? I've never felt comfortable walking on a roof because I weigh about 250 pounds. However, I would like to cover my vehicle this winter and being able to walk up there would make it a lot easier to put on and remove. Should I be concerned about walking on it?

Tom of Ypsi

This was asked a few weeks back and the factory rep stated 300# would be the max. I think the major concern for everyone is the ladder going up to the roof. I periodically check the screws on the ladder to make sure they are tight, so far so good.

Forrest Fetherolf

Does anyone know how much weight the roof on a Cyclone 3912 can support? I've never felt comfortable walking on a roof because I weigh about 250 pounds. However, I would like to cover my vehicle this winter and being able to walk up there would make it a lot easier to put on and remove. Should I be concerned about walking on it?

If you must walk on the roof..............walk on the outer edges.........less chance of bending the roof trusses. I weigh 195 lbs and walk everywhere on the roof except roof penetrations (A/C, skylight, vents, etc). Walk flat foot and slowly.

Forrest