Awning lights

I have a 2015 Sundance 3270 RES. The awning lights are LED. They are quite dim and some sections are not functioning at all. I have to assume this is a 12 volt system. Is this a remove and replace, by sliding the old strip out and the new one in? Are these a “standard” width? Are there
part or catalog numbers (links preferred). I really need something brighter before winter. Thanks for any and all input.

Last edited by a moderator:

pegmikef

Call Heartland customer service or email them (I have better luck with email). The lights are just an LED strip and they will sell you one. Make sure you provide your trailer info (model and vin number and the awning length would probably be useful too). The email address is service@heartlandrvs.com and phone number is 877-262-8032.

PondSkum

You can get "direct replacements", but if you are handy with 12v, you can measure the width of the strip you have, and the length, then purchase a roll of the strip online and hook it up yourself. One of my original LED strips actually melted in one spot, so I purchased 2 rolls on Amazon and replaced both awnings so that they matched. Also installed a remote control module that splices in near the switch, that allows me to control the lights with a remote control. Can control the brightness and even make them strobe and whatnot. Mainly wanted the dimming feature, as at full brightness, they tend to be a little bit too much light when you are trying to just hang out around camp at night.