Backup Lights Installed on 3685RL

gslabbert5119

Please excuse how dirty my rig is, but it has been in storage for about 9 months and could use a good wash and polish, and possibly a good buffing.

Anyhow, i have a number of projects before we go on the road fulltime in a few weeks.

The first of which waqsa the installation of backup lights, it is amazing to me that Heartland do not either provide the wiring or install backup lights in these things.

Here is this project completed.

Let me tell you, it was a PITA to fish the wire the length of the rig :)

Gavin

Attachments

• IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 88

Oregon_Camper

Yep....backup lights make a HUGE difference. I did a Blog/YouTube on this earlier this year. If anyone is interested, click here to see our Blog with this info (you can jump to the YouTube video from the Blog)

Oh...I updated this mod, with the addition of 2 side lights. WOW...what a huge improvement! You can check out that Blog and Video by clicking here.

gslabbert5119

I like the side light idea but am not going to fish another wire down the length of the rv, so maybe I will attach side lights to the backup wire, for as I understand it, use the side lights during backup - parking.
Is this a correct assumption?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

I like the side light idea but am not going to fish another wire down the length of the rv, so maybe I will attach side lights to the backup wire, for as I understand it, use the side lights during backup - parking.
Is this a correct assumption?

Yes...you could easily splice into your wires for the rear. Mine all have separate wires, but they all come off the same 12v supply run from the batteries.

Good luck.

Oh...and yes, all trailers should come with backup lights.

gslabbert5119

First time out after i fitted the backup lights, and had to backup a hill and negotiate a corner to an elevated spot, in the dark.

This was a 150ft backup and there is simply no way that i would have attempted that without the backup lights. They were nectar from heaven.
Thanks Jerrod for the idea and the images, plus the lights that Jerrod (jesstalkn) recommended were perfect and throw tons of light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk