Sani Flush leak

beasleyrl

Last weekend, as I was flushing the tank, my wife yelled to me that there was a leak in the trailer coming from under the steps to the MBR. Today, I decided to look closer. It appears that when I connect the flush line and turn it on, there is a leak under the bathroom. I traced the red line from the connection point in the docking station (from the flush connection) to underneath around the power distribution. From there, it appears to go up into the "roof" (or floor depending on how you look at it). Then, it comes back down into the tank area. This doesn't make any sense to me. Why would it go up and then back down? There is another line to the toilet so I don't see why it would go up to that but it is the only thing I can see that might have water going to it (even though this flush water line shouldn't go there).

Bottom line, there appears to be a leak somewhere around where it goes through the roof/floor. Great place to have a leak - right above all the electrical stuff... Any ideas how to fix it or why it goes up that way?

Also, while I was in there, I noticed another water line that was not connected. Turns out, it was what appears to be an overflow line for the the fresh water tank. Guess I'm glad I really haven't put too much water in that...

jpmorgan37

The Sani Flush line does go up to a check valve and a vacuum breaker and then back down to the black water holding tank. Mine is behind a wall in the entry closet. I'm not sure how your Cyclone is plumbed and layed out, but it will be the same configuration. That is by code that the check valve and vacuum breaker has to be set a prescribed distance above the tank.

Your other line that is disconnected is probably for adding anti freeze when winterizing.

Hope this helps,

John

beasleyrl

Thanks John.

I remember seeing a small access panel in the bathroom that would be in about the same area but I didn't think about checking there the other day. It didn't seem like it was in line to be toilet related so this other hose would make sense. I will check it this weekend.

The line that was lose is from the overflow connection. The winterize hose is much larger in diameter and in the same vicinity. This one actually goes down in the same direction as the fill hose for the tank.

jpmorgan37

Beasleyrl;

That sounds like the vent line that connects to the vent at the fresh water fill. Good luck on finding you loose connection.

John

KHinson

2008 F450 King Ranch
I had a similar experience with my 2007 Cyclone the first time I used the sani-flush. Turns out the installers had put a screw through the line when putting the bathroom walls in. The dealer had to dis-assemble the walls to repair the problem. No issues since then.

Hope yours is simply a loose connection that you can easily reach.

Good luck!

Keith