Power Control System

DavidCraker

Need a little help, my PCS has recently started to display "brown out", occasionally on the display. Trying to figure out what this is telling me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

jbeletti

Brownout generally means low voltage. Consider contacting the park office to have them check their line voltage at your pedestal. Note too that you may have had a brownout recently but not presently. Look at the present voltage on L1 and L2 to know what you have right now.

From the manual for the PCS:
Google ChromeScreenSnapz489.jpg
Click above image for larger view

DavidCraker

Thanks for the information Jim.

I am currently away from home and just relaying on information the wife is telling me, here is what she is telling me:

The progressive surge protector (outside, plugged into pedestal) is showing 120v line 1 and 121v line 2
The PCS is showing 119v line 1 and 8v line 2

Why is she getting two different readings and what could be wrong?

Thanks,

David

Last edited:

danemayer

Thanks for the information Jim.

I am currently away from home and just relaying on information the wife is telling me, here is what she is telling me:

The progressive surge protector (outside, plugged into pedestal) is showing 120v line 1/121v line 2
The PCS is showing 119v line 1/8v line 2

Why is she getting two different readings and what could be wrong?

Thanks,

David
David,

Did you mean to type "1/8v line 2"?

danemayer

Dan,
No, the / was supposed to mean and.

She is getting 119v line and 8v line 2 on the PCS
This type of imbalance is typical of a lost neutral connection. And depending on what appliances are drawing power on L1, you could see voltage jump up to 200V which would cause damage to your appliances.

If you have a Progressive EMS (the $400 variety) outside, and it reads ok, you may have a problem at the power cord reed connections, at or inside the transfer switch, where the power comes into the interior circuit breaker panel, or possibly a problem with the PCS.

Our Electrical user guide has a number of photos and illustrations that would help you track down the problem. If possible, you should shut everything off until you can work through what's going on.

DavidCraker

Unfortunately we live in ours full-time. We are going to call a mobile tech out tomorrow to have it looked at.

Thanks for the great information Dan.

jbeletti

If they can help, have your wife have the CG come by and measure L1 to ground and L2 to ground at the outlet at their pedestal. If it's low there, the issue isn't in the coach (yet).

carl.swoyer

Brownout generally means low voltage. Consider contacting the park office to have them check their line voltage at your pedestal. Note too that you may have had a brownout recently but not presently. Look at the present voltage on L1 and L2 to know what you have right now.

From the manual for the PCS:
View attachment 59083
Click above image for larger view
Hi Dane!
It appears that Jim Beletti has your Avatar as it shows up next to his name.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Hi Dane!
It appears that Jim Beletti has your Avatar as it shows up next to his name.

Well now it's gone . It really was next to his name. It's confirmed!
I'm thinking I've lost my mind.rolol. sorry to bother you.