info on recalls

We are from Canada and want to purchase a Bighorn in the US. Can anyone tell me where we can find a recall list for Heartland RVs as we need it when we go to register the unit in Canada. Thanks

geeksrus

When we picked up our unit in the US last year the dealer provided a letter from Heartland that stated there were no recalls on the unit. It might be worthwhile to contact your dealer & get them to provide this.

BTW: if I recall correctly, Canada Customs did not ask to see it when we imported.

EH!

TrickyD

hannahgail8 When I picked up our Bighorn in the U.S I was expecting a lot of hassle at the border. I was through and gone in fifteen minutes!! You require three pieces of paper - Bill of Sale, no recall certification letter, and certification that it meets the RVIA specs at time of manufacture. My selling dealer provided all required documentation and all I had to do was pay the GST and I was gone. Visit this link http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html and all will be revealed!

TrickyD

bigredtruck

I was told by two people at RIV that no recall letter was needed for a trailer. I contacted Heartland directly to get mine anyhow(once I had the serial number) and they emailed it to me. But we were never asked for it. We also were through the border in 15 minutes.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I was told by two people at RIV that no recall letter was needed for a trailer. I contacted Heartland directly to get mine anyhow(once I had the serial number) and they emailed it to me. But we were never asked for it. We also were through the border in 15 minutes.

I wonder if Heartland was a Canadian manufacturer if it would be equally easy to import into the USA - NOT!None