Satellite and TV wiring

jimtoo

As the owners of a new 3055RL I would like the wiring and routing diagrams of the satellite and TV wiring. I am disappointed that none came with the unit. On the outside there are two connections labeled as satellite, but where do they go? There are no cables inside that are loose to hook to your satellite receiver. Can someone please help me?
Thanks
Jim

timk

Jim,

Jim posted the answer to your question here; //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=578

And for what its worth, the way the factory wired the rig, dosent make sense to me. But the wires are there, you just have to hook them up to suit your needs.

TimK

mike

Mike
Jimtoo, I wired my BH3655RD for sat in the bedroom also, get ready if you do that because there is no hook up for sat there. I used the connection outside that is for the roof mtg dish and ran a new cable to the bedroom.

Good Look
Mike

timk

Phranc,
The way I got sat in both rooms was to install the sat receiver in the bedroom. I ran a new run of coax to the bedroom from the dish, cause its ez to get to things under the floor. I thought it would be just simpler to run a new line than try to get my head into what the factory was thinking. Then used the existing wires to feed the living room. In the living room I installed a ir repeater, with the ir receiver in the bedroom, so the receiver can see the living room remote. Then the roof mounted bat wing just runs into the back of the sat receiver. Worked pretty good. Then run down to radio shack and get another remote and program it to the living room tv and then all you need is some chips and a beer.

TimK

mike

Mike
Jimtoo, I put two receivers in, one in bedroom and one in den area, bought a new cable for bedroom. I removed the cable that goes from the docking center to the roof area and just laid aside, then took the new cable and ran from that connection to the other side of rv behind the storage compartment wall. then ran cable up into rv next to the bathroom sink drain and under cabinets then drilled a new hole in tv cabinet below the tv for the new sat. hookup. Be careful in that cabinet there is a cross brass that you need to drill below becaue I could not get arround it after I had drilled above it.. You will most likely need two people for the part of running the cable under the sink, one sending in and one trying to find it..

Hope theis helps
Mike