Hydraulic Landing Gear Malfuntion

Steven613

Okay guys, I have recently purchased a 2011 BigHorn 3610. I have it plugged into my garage outlet using a 110 adapter. My problem is that the front landing gear retracts/extends very slowly and comes to a complete stop after 2 to 3 seconds after engaging. Also, the landing gear will not retract all they way at all (one side will but the other side will not.) They are free and clear of any obstruction and/or residue that would cause them to seize. It's like they simply run out of juice. I've even tried hooking the electric to my truck and they are still sluggish at best and they still won't retract all the way. They are hydraulic and I have checked the reservoir which is fine. Also, my rear leveling jacks were working but have since completely shut down so any help is appreciated...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like your battery is dead or you have a loose wire, possibly a ground. Have you checked the voltage at the battery?
There is a manual reset button on one of your 12 volt breakers. If tripped your battery may not be getting charged by the converter.
You will have to remove the red boot covering the breakers and feel for a tiny, tiny reset button.

Peace
Dave

Steven613

Thank you so much Dave....I am learning! I know that the battery is the original and I have not taken it out and checked it....I will do so. Also, do you know where the breakers you speak of are located as I do not see them in either fuse box in the camper itself.
Again, thank you and have a great day!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Those breakers are normally located near the battery.
If you have a side compartment with your hydraulics and battery then look behind the battery.

Peace
Dave

hoefler

Since your battery is original, it needs to be replaced. Your running the landing gear off of the convertor, it needs a good hot battery to operate correctly.