Converter Circuit

Squirlee

As I am doing some work on my 12v wiring I was looking at relocating the converter and realized it is plugged into the water heater circuit (shut off the breaker that says "converter" and the converter continues to run - shut off the breaker that says "water heater" and it shuts off). I looked behind the control panel and it is definitely plugged into the 20a water heater breaker. I haven't looked where the water heater is plugged into yet but will have a look tomorrow.

The converter is plugged into a receptacle at the very back of the control panel which in turn is connected to the water heater breaker. The receptacle is a 20a receptacle and maybe they just chose to use it for the convenience but IDK why they wouldn't change the markers on the breakers?

Has anyone else ever had this?

danemayer

Sounds like the guy with the pen goofed. The water heater should be on a 15 amp breaker. The Power Converter, probably a PD9280, should have a 20 amp plug, 20 amp receptacle and 20 amp breaker. It may occasionally draw more than 15 amps for short periods. From your description, it's wired corrected and marked incorrectly.

Squirlee

Sounds like the guy with the pen goofed. The water heater should be on a 15 amp breaker. The Power Converter, probably a PD9280, should have a 20 amp plug, 20 amp receptacle and 20 amp breaker. It may occasionally draw more than 15 amps for short periods. From your description, it's wired corrected and marked incorrectly.

Thanks Dane. That's what I was hoping. I will find which breaker the water heater is on and get them marked correctly.

I am absolutely at wits end with this trailer. I really am.