Furnace Blowing COLD!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Howdy all! Been missing the HOF and busy working and winterizing the Cyclone...getting ready for a Wyoming winter. I'll post about that later - now I have a real problem.

The furnace will not light. NO manual came with it, so I don't even know what kind it is - yet. I'm headed out to start checking it out. Gas IS flowing through the regulator cause the stove will light. This leads me to believe the cause is in the furnace itself. Either the igniter is not functioning or something. Kinda difficult to listen for - since the blower is running.

Any suggestions??? :confused::confused: The air flow is awesome - the temp is the problem. I can turn the thermostat all the way up to 90, it will blow like crazy for a few minutes (cold air) and then shut off. Won't cycle back on since it never lit.

Another question: 3 days shy of only 7 months old, staying in the middle of NOWHERE Wyoming, working 85-90 hrs/wk - anyone think the factory would ship me a new circuit board for the igniter...soon? Or do I need to try to go through my dealer in OK where I bought it from? It's supposed to be @ 33 deg F tomorrow night and I really don't want to wait around long. This is my home!!! :D

I LOVE MY CYCLONE!!! :)

Thanks!

jbeletti

HT,

Welcome back!

You likely have a Suburban furnace. Here is the website.

Call Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) at 7:30 EST tomorrow. Have your VIN ready. Explain your situation (problem, location, timing) and they will do their best.

Look at the Q&A below:

Question 10
What causes the majority of furnace problems?
Answer:
Conditions that can affect the performance of your furnace can include:

• Low gas pressure caused by a number of factors, including a malfunctioning regulator or low gas levels in the tank. This can only be tested by a qualified service technician.
  • Low voltage, which again can only be checked by a certified service technician.
  • Inadequate ducting. Have your dealer make sure the furnace has at least the minimum number of ducts and required duct area (min. sq. inches), excluding closeable outlets. Check for proper duct connections at the furnace or collapsed ducts. Make sure ducts are clean and clear of obstructions, and are as straight and tight as possible.
  • Restricted or insufficient air return: the return air passage should meet the minimum open square inches as specified for the particular model of furnace installed. It must not be blocked or restricted. Keep the furnace compartment clea of any materials that can block the air flow around the furnace.
  • Unauthorized alterations and improper reinstallations.
  • Failure to adhere to the preventative maintenance measures outlined in the users manual.

Question 11
My furnace runs, but it's just blowing cold air. What's wrong?
Answer:
Your furnace is in lock-out or the limit switch has opened and not reset. Lock-out occurs when a problem exists during the trial for ignition. Your dealer or a Suburban service center should be consulted to diagnose this condition.

jnbhobe

Heat!!!!!

HT;Have you ever lit the furnace? Air in line? Sometimes it takes a long time to purge the air,Will lock out if it don't start. List of phone #s of suppliers inside door or on forum. Sail switch not making, ie not enough exhaust air flow. I'll bet its a 35-40,000 btu suburban furnace, look on line for wiring diagrams. Just a start buddy Good Luck, JON:):)

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Working Now!

Thanks for the replies! (Jim...long time, eh! Got your email here while back, air card pretty much worthless, too tired when I get back to the KOA and have great WIFI!)

I took the outside cover off. Removed 2 screws to pull out the circuit board (cut the plastic wire tie). Looked at everything, pushed in on all the connectors, turned up the thermostat - it lit! :):rolleyes: Must have been a loose connection. Re-installed everything - including the wire tie...don't want the wires down in the blower!

It's been working fine since March (whenever needed) - the last time it worked was 3 nights ago. I'd been leaving it off at night until I wake up - because of a chill - in the middle of the night (2:30-4:00am), then get up and turn on the furnace. When it started blowing only COLD and would not light ---NO GOOD! :(

Glad it was something simple! ;) I'll get some photos posted on here soon of all my winterizing --- no way I should freeze up this winter!

I LOVE MY CYCLONE!!!