Outside shower barely working

brianlajoie

I have been using the outside shower hose to take the air out of the water line when we hook up the water while camping (used city water selection). The water/air mixture barely comes out. When I winterized last week using the water pump - same result. I took the basement wall down and checked to make sure the hose was not kinked. The anderson valve works fine as a source of water, but for the outside shower it seems to have trouble as a supply of water. Has anyone run into this problem before?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My outside shower has always been weak, even with no kinks and fully extended. Solution was to make a water distribution manifold for the UDC with an outlet dedicated to a length of expanding hose. I don't need hot water out there, so it works fine.

brianlajoie

I have the outside shower nozzle in my hand. There is no screen designed for this nozzle. I took the faucet head off and there is an O ring and a nozzle cone. I took off the whole nozzle from the 3/8 inch line (looks like - but not measured) and there is a plastic cover with a tiny hole in the center. About the size of an ink pen head. Why is this? The hole restricts water and builds pressure I'm thinking, but after going through the hole it is a 3/8" spray tip. I think this is why there is a dribble coming out of the hose. Anyone know why this is set up this way? I'm thinking of using one of my tiny round file and enlarging the hole, but would like to be informed first.

mlpeloquin

It is call a flow restrictor. It may also help disperse the flow across the shower head so be careful. You may have a small pebble inside and blocking the flow. You may need to back flush it a use some compressed air to get it freed up. Use a pin to see if you can free anything up inside it. I get enough flow to get some usefulness out of it, but that $%#@*!! short hose makes it worth less. I change mine out with a 98 inch stainless steal very flexible shower hose $10.99. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G7T01BA/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 An it does not kink!

brianlajoie

The diameter of the nozzle is 5/8' and the flow restrictor hole has a diameter of 1/16". I would agree that some level of restrictor in necessary for water pressure, but once the water blasts into the nozzle head, it dribbles out the end because there is little water flow getting through. I like the hose you have a link to, but did you replace the nozzle too? My garden hose restricts the water at the nozzle to control flow versus pressure. I'm thinking of looking for a similar set up for the trailer.

I can run the pump and turn on the outside shower without the nozzle to test if there is some blockage. I doubt the is any, but a good idea though.

We had the same issue. Took the access panel off to see the back of the faucet assembly thinking we had a leak. The hose was just kinked where it goes into the assembly.