Furrion Back Up Camera

Cgsrfr

I have a 2018 Cyclone 4005 which is prewired for a back up camera. I can't seem to get any power back to the wire that came with the trailer. Is there a switch I have to turn on? I've tried with the running lights on, ect. When I plug the camera directly into the monitor it lights up. I can't find anything on a manual or online from Heartland.

LBR

In your battery compartment, check every single fuse holder you find. The factory wired ours hot all the time, but left the fuse out for obvious reasons. Those holders may be red. You can then rewire if from hot all the time to a different source if you wish.

8404fmfvet

You would need to know if it is a just backup camera or backup/observation camera. There might not be a fuse in the fuse box????????

Squirlee

No, at least I have never heard of that limitation.

Some backup cameras are activated by the reverse light circuit being turned on so they only come on when backing up. This may be how the trailer was wired - or not - but I would give it a try.

rhodies1

You might want to check the steel electrical box on the under side of the hitch point to see if the wire is lying in there not connected.The yellow wire in this box is from the truck plug and is the back up wire, Maybe Heartland ran a wire from the front to the rear of your unit but never hooked it up to the yellow back up wire ....

pjones1969

I had to put a 10a fuse in the red fuse holder shown in the attached pic in order to get power to our Furrion backup / observation camera

Attachments

• 2C7FE9FD-00D8-401C-A4F0-E103090C4853.jpg
    2C7FE9FD-00D8-401C-A4F0-E103090C4853.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 72