need help

dellojan

Hi all - I'm so glad to find this group!! We just bought a 2007 Sundance 5th wheel. We drove the two hours home, spent 30 minutes parking it in the space that seemed huge before we left but shrank somehow before we got back, unhooked, pulled the truck away and the running lights are still on!!! Any ideas of how this could happen and how to turn them off??? All we can do is disconnect the battery. :eek: There must be a proper solution.
Help.
Jan

jnbhobe

lights

Hello and welcome to the Heartland forum; As for your lights I'd check the top two terminals on the plug I don't remember the numbers. One is 12 volt power the other is running lights. thats the first place I'd check. Good Luck JON:)

fishn2dmax

I agree with the previous poster, the plug that goes from your trailer to the truck is the first place to look. While looking into the front of the trailer connecting plug, look for anything that would be causing at least two of the pins to short out. It could be any thing from a broken plug to small piece of wire that some how got in there. In some cases, folks put a small jumper wire from the running lights terminal to the battery +12 volts terminal to keep the running lights on while the trailer is parked.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
The 2 wires that are making a circuit are the ones to the left and right of the raised molded piece on the outside of the plug. I would believe though the problem might be at the pinbox junction connection box, probably the wires came loose in there and touching. If its not there I would think the plug itself is shorted internally.......Kenny

bill40

Hello Dellogan,
I would check the pin box, when I picked up our BC the shop manger blew 11 fuses' on our truck before some one finally checked the pin box and found it had been incorrectely wired. Check the wireing digram in the owners manual.