Got the new tires!

deee2

Well, we had the new G614s put on the Bighorn this morning. We feel much safer (and poorer). It was $1200 out the door with mounting, balancing and new steel stems. Worth the piece of mind.

Around here, the only place that we could find to get and mount the tires was a Goodyear 'commercial' dealer. They told DH that because we won't be over 14000 lbs to only inflate the tires to between 90 and 100 psi. He says the 110 psi is for those carrying the full weight on the tire rating.

Sound right?

Thanks

Last edited:

deee2

it just dawned on me!!! We only got four tires... will that Mission be ok for a SPARE???

yikes.

Donna :)

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
They told DH that because we won't be over 1400 lbs to only inflate the tires to between 90 and 100 psi. He says the 110 psi is for those carrying the full weight on the tire rating.

Sound right?

Thanks

I think you meant 14,000 lbs. And, technically, he is right, but I think you are better off at the 110 psi mark as the tire will run cooler. Unless you have had each wheel separately weighed, you can't divide your total trailer axle weight by four. 110 psi will allow a margin of error for the wheel that weighs the heaviest.