Landmark - scare light wiring

sb6351

from which switch does the scare light receive power. I have the 2005 heartland landmark loving it. checked all other lamps and all work. the scare lamps in the rear on either side do not. where do I ground the test light to check power. I tried at the rear where the screws that hold the belly cover on but lamp did not light. how do I trace this circuit?

Last edited by a moderator:

jnbhobe

Re: ATF: Landmark - scare light wiring

Test a clearance light first to make sure you have a good connection then test your scare lights

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sb6351

Re: ATF: Landmark - scare light wiring

Tested all lamps. Markers work. All other security lamps work
Porch lamp, step lamp, all work.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Test the scare light socket with your VOM probes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox

Replacing with led

Is that future tense or have you already replaced them? Were the lights working before the switch?
Also, LEDs are polarity sensitive - if possible try installing them the other way around.

What drew my attention to this request was your scare lights being out. When I had my final inspection last month (on a one year old BH) I found they over-looked 4 dead lights; both scare lights were burned out - as well as a light over the counter sink. The overhead ceiling fan light didn't have a bulb in it.

JohnDar

Is that future tense or have you already replaced them? Were the lights working before the switch?
Also, LEDs are polarity sensitive - try installing them the other way around.

What drew my attention to this request was your scare lights being out. When I had my final inspection last month (on a one year old BH) I found they over-looked 4 dead lights; both scare lights were burned out - as well as a light over the counter sink. The overhead ceiling fan light didn't have a bulb in it.

If the LED's have the same base as the incandescent bulbs, polarity should not be a concern unless they're the pin type bulb. With the OEM bulbs, I was replacing at least 5 a summer. With the LED's, I haven't replaced one in the almost 5 years I've had them.

sb6351

If the LED's have the same base as the incandescent bulbs, polarity should not be a concern unless they're the pin type bulb. With the OEM bulbs, I was replacing at least 5 a summer. With the LED's, I haven't replaced one in the almost 5 years I've had them.

Ok. Turned on markers to make sure test light works. Good there. I have no power to the wires that feed the scare lamps. I am trying to trace to a possible switch problem. The left secuity lamp works from switch panel and switch in tank drain area. NO POWER THRU THE WIRES TO THE REAR LAMPS. I wanted to find a wiring diagram for the whole unit. None to be found.

JohnDar

Ok. Turned on markers to make sure test light works. Good there. I have no power to the wires that feed the scare lamps. I am trying to trace to a possible switch problem. The left secuity lamp works from switch panel and switch in tank drain area. NO POWER THRU THE WIRES TO THE REAR LAMPS. I wanted to find a wiring diagram for the whole unit. None to be found.

Are you talking tail lamps or the interior lights? For the interior, look under slides or behind the furniture for junction boxes. They may be tied in there and the connection has come apart.

For the tail lamps, there are generic wiring diagrams that might help.

I recently had one of my rear wall lamps not working right. Found the button switch was the problem. Managed to replace the switch with one from an OEM vent fan I replaced and saved some parts from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sb6351

Hello fellow Heartland owners. I HAD a problem with the scare lights on mine. they would not work. Tried and tried to find the source of the problem. After HOURS of tracing wires, I found what was going on. For some STUPID reason the switch was found outside in the battery compartment. Why in the heck it was there I am still trying to understand. SO resolution was rewire to a place inside the panel to an unused switch that was now not being used. THEY NOW WORK AS DESIGNED TO AND FROM THE INSIDE.