Dometic Recall

vangoes

REFRIG1.jpg

REFRIG2.jpgQuestion:
Can the factory confirm that the Dometic recall/repair was performed at the factory prior to delivery? I took my '07 unit in to a large service center and was told the work was done at the factory. I called Dometic to confirm and was informed that they do not maintain records to determine if recall was performed.
Pictures of my refrig attached and my VIN # is 5SFGF30287E005196.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Van,

Looks like it has been done but your best bet is to add your VIN and repost or make a call to Customer Service (877-262-8032) with your VIN.

Thanks,

Jim

jimtoo

I have an 08 3055RL and my fridge had not had the recall performed on it. My dealer did it in about 30 minutes. When they get finished, it will have a shield on the outside and under the burner.

Jim M

Attachments

• Fridge recall 001.jpg
    Fridge recall 001.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Fridge recall 002.jpg
    Fridge recall 002.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 101

sharmulst

Our 2006 BH3500RL is at Dave's Trailer Repair in Ukiah, CA at this very moment getting the recall taken care of. We had received a letter from Heartland informing us of the recall and to check our model & serial numbers.

Thank you Heartland.

The people here at Dave's repair said that they have done many of these recalls.

vangoes

Thanks Jim, I added the VIN# to my original post. This is kind of important as it sounds as if it is a pretty serious safety concern. Thanks again.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Vangoes...Looking at the pictures in your post it looks exactly like mine before the recall work was done. It should look like Jimtoo's pictures when finished and your services people need to get there head out of the sand........Kenny

vangoes

I can't believe that a large RV dealer and service center can be this far off base. A friend took his unit (a Montana) in on Monday and was told the same thing as me.....it had been done at the factory. Furthermore, the service manager told me that they had done over 300 of these recalls, so one would think they know what they are talking about. If Heartland cant tell me and Dometic does not know and the service centers won't fix it, I guess we run the risk of fire!!!!

Last edited:

vangoes

1.jpg

2.jpgREPOST WITH VIN#
Question:
Can the factory confirm that the Dometic recall/repair was performed at the factory prior to delivery? I took my '07 unit in to a large service center and was told the work was done at the factory. I called Dometic to confirm and was informed that they do not maintain records to determine if recall was performed.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
View attachment 2960

View attachment 2961REPOST WITH VIN#
Question:
Van, I would still hope for some sort of conformation from somebody but from your pictures, it looks as if the fix has been done. The cylinrical shield and lower shield is there as is the heat sensor. I think the reason you aren't seeing the flat sheet of galvanized is because your heat tube is far enough away from the outside panel that any heat caused by the problem wouldn't affect the panel. The put it on the units with the fridge flat on the wall. Your's is on an angle, right?

vangoes

Ray,

Confirmation is what I'm trying to get. I don't want to have to haul my unit to the next closest service center (90 miles) if it has been done already as I was told from our local service center. So far no luck though!

vangoes

Howdy. our 2006 has a recalled unit, waiting for reply from Dometic.....

http://www2.dometicusa.com/recall.php

Howdy UR,
My unit was one on the Dometic recall list as was confirmed by Dometic. However, when I took the unit in for the recall I was told by the service center that the repair had been made at the factory. I called Dometic again and they do not keep records accordingly. I'm trying to get confirmation from Heartland.

Uncle Rog

We have not been notified at all, but our model and year are in the time period of concern...............
And we have none of the modified shields shown in the after fix photos..........

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hi Rog, we just got our notice a week ago from dometic. Got to take it over to be repaired. Bob:D

vangoes

Its been a while since my original post to the factory and no response as of yet. I am beginning to think that I will just have to live with not knowing if my refrig. is a fire hazard or not.................!

jbeletti

Van,

I am moving your post thread out of the ATF and into the Appliance sub-forum.

I want to make a suggestion to you and really to anyone who posts in the ATF and feels they are not getting the satisfaction they seek.

Simply make a toll-free call immediately to Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032.

That said, we will not always have the answers to every question asked. We will do our best none-the-less.

With regard to your specific question, I feel you will best served by Dometic. Who better then they to confirm that your unit has had the recall performed? I suggest that you share with Dometic, pictures of the back of your refer so they can confirm that it has been done based on what they see.

Thanks,

Jim

vangoes

Jim,
I'm not sure why this is being removed from the ATF section as it is a question directly to Heartland for a simple answer. As far as Dometic, I have made three calls to them and have been told the same thing all three times......they do not maintain records to determine if recall service has been performed???
Thanks for your concern.

Van

jbeletti

Van,

The reason this was moved from the ATF is that the ATF was not effective.

I suggest you call Dometic again. But do not ask them to to look up records they do not maintain. Instead, ask them to review pictures of the back of your refer to make a determination of recall status.

Having another visual verification is the only way I see for you to truly know and to give you more peace of mind. Don't relent with Dometic until you get them to verify your pictures. Start working up the management chain there if you need to.

Jim

vangoes

Jim,
I will assume from your response and position that Heartland either did not perform any of the repairs during construction or they do not support what they did. Hopefully some day Dometic can tell me what Heartland did.
Thanks for your support.