Cyclone Electric Bunk Operation

TerribleTim68

Hey guys,
So our 2008 Cyclone has the electric bunks in the garage area. Easy enough to raise and lower, but what I can't seem to figure out is how to pin the top bunk so it stays up and only the bottom bunk lowers. Here's my questions:
  1. Does anyone have a picture, or diagram, or anything that shows what hole you are supposed to put the pins in? There seems to be several holes near the top of the rails and I have no clue which one is the right one.
  2. How do you reach the holes that far up there? I'm only 5'-10" tall and those holes are WAY up there? Especially the holes on the front rails being up against the rear wall of the loft, how do you even get an arm up in there?
  3. How do you get the correct holes lined up with the holes in the bed bracket? Being so far up there I don't see a way to visually see that they are lined up.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

avvidclif

Just raise the bunk all the way and stick the pins in. The top bunk just sits on the pins. Need orangutan arms to reach my back ones as you are standing on the ramp.

TerribleTim68

Thanks Clif, I'll see about getting a ladder and an arm stretcher.
Maybe we'll run into you at a Harley rally somewhere. :cool:

david-steph2018

I use a 3 step ladder for this. I just feel to get the pins in the holes. For us it takes both of us to get the pins in as the front pins go in easy but once these are in place the wife has to bump the bed down until I can get the rear pins in. Tried by myself and it was a pain going up and down the ladder to get the holes lined up so now both of us do it.

We don't have a Cyclone but a Road Warrior 427 and have the same bed in the garage.

PondSkum

As mentioned, you just have to get the bed up above the holes, and the upper bed just sits on top of the pins once you lower the bottom bunk. The rear pins are a pain in my RW also, and I'm 6'2". Get you a good step stool or something to stand on safely on the angled dovetail part, and a headband flashlight so you can see what you are doing.