Cyclone Side Panel Bubble

TerribleTim68

Hey gang,
Wife and I purchased a used 2008 Cyclone 4012. After our first weekend with it my father-in-law noticed a bubble in the side panel, like the outer skin had de-laminated or something. I simply didn't spot it during our purchasing process. He says it is an indication of a water leak in the wall, and now he has my wife all freaked out. It is located right behind the refrigerator, literally right above the cover for the refrigerator coil unit.
  1. There shouldn't be any plumbing in that wall there, right?
  2. Any ideas what could be causing this?
  3. Is it something I should worry about?

carl.swoyer

Hey gang,
Wife and I purchased a used 2008 Cyclone 4012. After our first weekend with it my father-in-law noticed a bubble in the side panel, like the outer skin had de-laminated or something. I simply didn't spot it during our purchasing process. He says it is an indication of a water leak in the wall, and now he has my wife all freaked out. It is located right behind the refrigerator, literally right above the cover for the refrigerator coil unit.
  1. There shouldn't be any plumbing in that wall there, right?
  2. Any ideas what could be causing this?
  3. Is it something I should worry about?
Water intrusion can be difficult to find the entry. My suggestion would be reseal everything . As you stated it's an 08 and maybe the previous owner was slacking in regards to the up keep and preventive maintenance.
I would start with the roof, do a complete reseal. Then section by section reseal the sides of the RV. Once you get everything updated it's touch up.
A picture of the delamination would be helpful. Not the end of the world. Good luck
I usually purchase my sealant from the internet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk