Air Cond Air Volume

jimtoo

When we took delivery of our 3055RL, everything was plugged in a running including the A/C. We did not notice air flow or volume of air from ducts because it was cool day and a/c not really needed.

We are getting virtually no air from the outlets in the living room on the street side outlets (both). The outlet over the kitchen cabinets has decent air flow and the outlet above the desk area has a little flow. The other two in the living area have nothing. The outlet in the potty room has good flow (to much) and the bedroom has air flow, but not great. If the vents are opened on the a/c unit itself for the air to blow straight out of the unit, it blows like crazy. The vents or duct work is restricted big time.

Has this problem occurred before and if so what was the cure?

Jim

Scott

A/c

It sounds like your A/C venting may possibly be restricted some how. If you can get it into your dealer, there are proceedures to check the vents and make repairs if necessary to get you better air flow. It may be as simple as the connection to that side of the duct system from the A/C unit is compromised, or it could be the duct work has been compromised (crushed or coming apart at a seam). Either way, we can and will get it repaired for you.

ST

jimtoo

Thanks for your quick reply Scott. I have contacted the dealer and will be returning for check out for the a/c. Will post more as things occur.
Jim

tinytim

I too have the same problem...however I get almost no air flow from the A/C unit. The unit does blow like crazy when you open the vent directly attached to the unit (Quick cool), but once you close it you get nothing. I am at the dealer now and may have him take another look at it before we leave, but he seems to think this maybe how it is designed...I find that a little hard to swollow.

FYI, we have the same issue with the floor ducts, blows like mad in the bedroom, and nothing in the kitchen/lliving room....

Any advice?

2006-Big Horn 3655RD

Thanks!

Tim

Scott

Air Flow

See my post above - but no, it should not be that low of a flow from your vents. Get it in and let your nearest authorized Heartland dealer check it and get it fixed for you.
If you are in the Elkhart area, you can talk to us about scheduling a visit here at our authorized service center which all of five minutes from the factory where we can make sure it is repaired to your liking.

ST