2018 31BHDD cabinet doors

GLMPNG

My short 1 year warranty is up in two weeks. Since I’ve had our new North Trail, we have had 4 upper cabinet doors break from the shock/hinges. Unfortunately due to cheap doors with wood banded on them. After taking 6 weeks to get them “made” from the factory each time, they bet replaced with actual wood doors, that look significantly better, but also don’t match. I know have 3 more doors that are the old style, and are bound to have the same fate. My concern is that it will happen after my warranty period. Have any of you had a similar experience? My dealer here in Vegas said they’ve seen it multiple times these hinges pulling out of the doors.

Lou_and_Bette

Not sure if I know exactly what you men by “cabinet doors breaking from shock/hinges.” If you are referring to the hinges pulling away from the cabinet doors because that plastic insert where the screws that hold the hinge to the door are pulling out, there is a simple fix. When those inserts started to pull out on our previous RW, I tried everything to get them to stay in place without long term success. The final solution was to get some HARDWOOD dowels that are about the same diameter as the pocket, cut off short piece of dowel to form plug, glue plug in pocket, pre-drill hole, reseat hinge, and reinsert screws. Never had them pull out again.