Just a Tip - Full mark on Hydraulic Reservoir

TX_Clay

Most everyone knows to check your Hydraulic reservoir for Level up and slides when everything has been retracted and stowed. But what if you just want to know if your low or not when your setup? Here is what I did. I extended my Level Up to full height and opened my slide outs ( on level Ground ) then I went to the reservoir and used a marker to mark the current level in the tank. Now I can look when I am setup and if the level is below the mark, for what ever reason. I can safely add more fluid up to the mark without worrying if I overfilled the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Just a Tip

Most everyone knows to check your Hydraulic reservoir for Level up and slides when everything has been retracted and stowed. But what if you just want to know if your low or not when your setup? Here is what I did. I extended my Level Up to full height and opened my slide outs ( on level Ground ) then I went to the reservoir and used a marker to mark the current level in the tank. Now I can look when I am setup and if the level is below the mark, for what ever reason. I can safely add more fluid up to the mark without worrying if I overfilled the system.

Great tip Clay!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Something like this?

Attachments

• Drain line in Hydraulic Cabinet.jpg
    Drain line in Hydraulic Cabinet.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 74

MCTalley

That would have been a handy tip back when we had a hydraulic leak in the underbelly. I might have found it sooner instead of finding a trail of spilled fluid after pulling into a steep uphill approach to a campsite. (Well, if I had checked the level fairly regularly when everything was retracted I would have figured it out, too, but the former makes a better story.) :)