OLD THREAD ARCHIVE - Oregon Rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Hi! Several owners near you, but as far as I know no club there yet? We're closer to Oregon than the rest of CA ourselves and spend most of our camping time in Oregon. We will start planning the next Spring or (Summer) Nor-Cal/ Southern OR rally shortly. Feel free to pass along any suggestions you might have. I think most of us are open to pretty much anywhere.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
we are having a Rally in BC June 17-22 in Rock Creek BC. You would be most welcome to come. Check out the BC Heartland owners part of this forum

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi! Several owners near you, but as far as I know no club there yet? We're closer to Oregon than the rest of CA ourselves and spend most of our camping time in Oregon. We will start planning the next Spring or (Summer) Nor-Cal/ Southern OR rally shortly. Feel free to pass along any suggestions you might have. I think most of us are open to pretty much anywhere.

I'm thinking maybe Valley of the Rogue for a S. Oregon rally. Its still close enough to CA for you guys and easy for everyone in Oregon to get to on I5. There is a lot to do in the area, but people usually find a lot to do just around camp too. I know Deb and Ray like V of the R, but I don't know about others and that certainly isn't the only place around to go for a rally. We just need to start thinking about what the group wants to do.

Kristy

slmayor

Kristy,
there was interest by several of the north/central folks in having a rally at Seven Feathers. What do you think? I know I really like the place and Teresa said they had a rally for their last SOB there and were treated wonderfully.
Seven Feathers is no farther than we went for the Central Cal rally and maybe closer, so the Nor Cal folks shouldn't have a problem either. I'm thinking early summer so school won't be an issue and hopefully great weather too.
Any Oregon folks want to chime in here?

dtvista

I vote for Seven Feathers. We are in the Sac Area and when traveling to Oregon we always use Seven Feathers as our stop over. Great RV Park

Dave

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Seven Feathers is good with us. We were supposed to stay there this summer but my surgery got scheduled right in the middle of that. I like early summer as long as it isn't around the 20th of June. Who knows, a bunch could even take off from the rally and go to Winchester Bay for a few days just to finish off a rally right.

Should we make a rally discussion thread so others can find it more easily? Maybe Jim could move the rally discussion replies here to a new thread I'll go start?
Kristy

slmayor

Ooooh Girl! I like your thinking! Winchester would be lovely as a finish!
When are you out of school? You know I can't do a rally without you, Miss Organization :)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I'm out June 11 which is a Thurs. Our grand daughter's birthday is June 20 which is a Sat. We could look at doing June 12-15 for the rally and go to Winchester Bay June 15-18? Otherwise for us to be there we would have to push it back to the end of June and deal with July 4th booking and people's family commitment issues.

How about it? Three nights at Seven Feathers and three nights at Winchester Bay?

Kristy

PS I emailed Jim and asked for an Oregon subfolder to discuss this so its easier for people to find.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK... Jim made us a forum so we can discuss the possibility of a rally and hash out the details.

What would people like to do? Seven Feathers with a follow up/extension trip to Winchester Bay has been proposed. June has been the proposed month.

I'm a teacher so timing it with the release of school is important to us, but the rally doesn't have to be planned around us. If other dates work better for the majority of people, then that's what would need to happen.

I propose June 12-15 at Seven Feathers and June 15-18 at Winchester Bay. Who can make all or part of those dates? Are there other dates that are better? Are there other location(s) people would prefer?

Kristy

dbarnard

We vote for Seven Feathers & Winchester Bay. We've been to both several times and they are very nice parks. Several at they Nor Cal \Central Cal Rally said they would go to Seven Feathers.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I hadn't noticed that, but I don't know how much of a problem it would be. A lot of west coast people can't make a national rally that far away, but maybe they could get to Oregon.

dtvista are you interested in coming up this far? Can we get the Central Cal people interested in the trip?

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Dale and Judy!
How do those dates sound to you?
Kristy

We vote for Seven Feathers & Winchester Bay. We've been to both several times and they are very nice parks. Several at they Nor Cal \Central Cal Rally said they would go to Seven Feathers.

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Seven Feathers & Winchester Bay?! We'll definitely come...all the way from Central CA! These dates (June 12-18) would work out fine for us. We will probably be heading out to Toppenish, WA after Winchester Bay for our "SOB's" (group we belong to) International Rally which begins on June 22nd.

Dale & Judy... we can ask Jim & Lucy to come along too since Art & I will be going to Toppenish, WA with them for their Rally! Why don't you guys join us too. I'm sure John D & Lori would love to join us too, they are in the same RV group as Jim & Lucy. This would work out great! I think that Art & I would drive up to Seven Feathers several days early... 3 days there just isn't enough for us, at least a week! LOL

I'll try to get some other Central Ca members to drive up with us to 7 Feathers! I'm already looking forward to it! Sooo many travel plans for 2009! :cool::)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So far those who think they can come on those dates are:

Mark and Kristy Carlson (us)
Deb and Ray
Art and Teresa

Dale and Judy have expressed interest and Art and Teresa may bring along a couple of SOB's just to spice up the fun.

Who else is up for June 12-15 at Seven Feathers and/or June 15-18 at Winchester Bay?

Kristy

Chuck Richard

h On a bus. trip now sitting in the Phenoix airport. We are from Monmouth OR. so close to the original Lebenon posters. This sound like a good trip and will check with DW when I get home. Nice to see some plans closer to home for a rally.:D

dtvista

These dates are fine with us if we are on the west coast in June. Our SOB friends would also come up early with us. They are in the same WA rally as the others. Kathy and I would probably come up a few days early, and also go to Wincherster.

dbarnard

Kristy, those dates are fine with us. I'm already getting excited about it. We really like both those places. I hope that if some play golf that they bring their stix. There are golf courses close to each.

Teresa, I'm sure Jim, Lucy and John and Lori will want to be there also. These dates work well for their SOB Rally in Washington. It wouldn't be the same without all of us together.
Good idea Kristy & Deb

DaleB

Status
Not open for further replies.