Heat strip for A/C?

Does anyone know if you can get a heat strip for the 15K base A/C unit?
I can turn on the A/C fan with the heat (No compressor) which makes me
think they may make one.

I have one on an old Lance Slide in I have and it works great for mild weather. Draws
about 1250 watts and only outputs air 10 degrees hotter than the intake but for
maintaining heat it works well.

I was looking to supplement the furnace on my fuel 250. I can probably look up the
A/C unit specs and find out that way but I figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

Never heard of anyone adding this after the fact. We went out and bought a nice ceramic heater (750-1500W) we use to supplement out heating when cold. Works great and is easy to put where you really want it, and they are quiet as compared to running an AC unit. I am sure this is a lot less costly than modifying your AC unit.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I added a heat strip to the middle A/C in our Cyclone. It took about 90 minutes start to finish!

There are two (3 if you need a new thermostat) components needed, the heat strip and the control box. I've attached the Dometic accessory list so you can match the proper heat strip to your AC unit.

Attachments

• Dometic AC models and accessories.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
They say due to a risk of fire, most of the new housings and covers are plastic. I had a 87 Jayco class C that I installed a heat strip in and used many times and never had issues. My guess is they are building the A/C cheaper and the heat strip could melt stuff. When we did our walk through on this camper I asked and they said the Dometic rep said no.

porthole

Retired
Brisk Air II part numbers from 2018

- - - Updated - - -

Thermostat listed is the Dometic digital for a heat strip add on. Looks like all the other t-stats being used with a menu addition for the heat strip

Attachments

• PPL RV parts Brisk Air II parts.pdf
    143.6 KB · Views: 17

2019_V22

I converted my Brisk II from ceiling controls to the CT Bluetooth Thermostat, and added electric backup heat strip. "The air distribution box" IE: the ceiling trim with analog controls had to be replaced as part of the Bluetooth kit. The topside of that distribution box is lined with foam, the heat strip is in close proximity to, and the heated air blows straight down onto the foam lining, just knowing from experience this is not good, I cut to fit and added a heat shield of galvanized metal on top of the foam lining. I will snap a pic of my heat shield when I get a chance.

https://heartlandowners.org/threads/a-running-list-of-corrections-mods.74358/page-2#post-614947