New issue

rcwalls

Setting up our new 2019 Cyclone at home and connected to shore power. Slide outs are extended, A/C on and wife having a great time getting RV ready for our first adventure in two weeks. Excitement is building and all is working well. Until I notice hydraulic fluid leaking on the ground from the reservoir area from the front of RV. Quickly looked inside and noticed fluid coming from what appears to be a solenoid on top of the diverter block. It is extremely hot and not sure why. *scratching head*. Called service guy *still scratching head*. He said tighten solenoid. I did NOT tighten solenoid, but leak stopped for some reason. Cleaned everything up and closing up RV, rolled in bedroom slide out, shut down everything started to roll in living room slide and noticed the rocker switch was in the extend position (never heard any noise or noticed anything for the 3 hours of extended position). Tried to retract the slide out and nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. The leak started to make sense if the slide out rocker switch was making just enough contact to keep hydraulic pump energized, however I am unable to retract the living room slide out and not sure what component to address. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldelevatorman

Those rocker switches will stick. We had that problem on our Landmark. We were getting ready to leave a campground in Utah. Couldn't get jacks extended. All they would do is retract. Reversed two wires and got them extended so we could get it on truck. Got to Salt Lake and called a mobile guy. He found the kitchen slide switch stuck on. We both felt dumb that we didn't catch that but you can't really see it by looking at the switch. Hope you get your hydraulic problem fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcwalls

Those rocker switches will stick. We had that problem on our Landmark. We were getting ready to leave a campground in Utah. Couldn't get jacks extended. All they would do is retract. Reversed two wires and got them extended so we could get it on truck. Got to Salt Lake and called a mobile guy. He found the kitchen slide switch stuck on. We both felt dumb that we didn't catch that but you can't really see it by looking at the switch. Hope you get your hydraulic problem fixed!

Thank you
Exactly what has happened and repaired the switch, however I am unable to get the system to retract or extend at the moment. jbeletti recommended calling Lippert and I did (Thank you). They were helpful stepping through their troubleshooting process, however still not working. So, I will attempt (per Lippert manual) to get the slide out retracted manually then get the leveling system retracted manually to get it back to the dealer service center. Owned the new unit for a month and I haven't taken it out to a camp site yet and thankfully we found this issue before being stranded somewhere. I am sure more issues to come, but part of owing a moving house. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Give Lippert Customer Service a call right away this morning to discuss: 866-524-7821

Thank you for the number. I did call and they were very helpful. Still not working, but narrowing the problem to hydrualic pump or the valve. Thanks again.

danemayer

If you have a voltmeter, check the voltage at the points indicated by the blue arrows. If the switch was stuck in the ON position for hours, the circuit breaker may have been damaged. Start by checking voltage at the Trombetta. If no voltage, locate the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker near the battery. If the breaker failed, it's a very quick and easy job to replace. The Electrical user guide has lots of pictures and drawings that will help you locate components and figure things out. The Hydraulic Slide Starts and Stops guide will also help.
Hydraulic pump voltage check.jpg