Heartland In The News: New Audit Facility - Saturday Service Hours

jbeletti

September 20, 2018 by RVBusiness

Heartland Sharpens Focus on Customer Service

Heartland has expanded its service operations in Elkhart

Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC announced the implementation of several targeted initiatives that bolster overall product quality and customer service operations at its Elkhart, Ind., campus.

In a move designed to improve response time, the manufacturer’s customer service and parts center will be open on Saturdays to address the needs of its dealer body and end users.

“We recognize the need to be accessible to our customers,” said Heartland President Chris Hermon in a press release. “Our dealers and end users are both very busy on the weekend and with Heartland now being open on Saturday it helps us make that customer experience a faster and more enjoyable one. It’s in line with the 24/7 immediacy consumers are accustomed to through the Internet and websites like Amazon.”

In tandem with Saturday service, Heartland also instituted a “live chat” feature on its website for both sales and service. “We were also the first manufacturer to answer and return phone calls without customers having to leave messages so we don’t waste their precious time,” Hermon offered. “Our state-of-the-art phone system is a great service and customers are telling us they love it.”

Jim Fenner, vice president of customer service, added, “We feel we have an obligation to stand out and be leaders in the areas of customer service, offering quick turnaround on parts and units so dealers can quickly PDI and sell. These initiatives are continuing to separate us from our competitors.”

Other moves include:

New PDI Facility Up and Running: Heartland constructed a dedicated $5 million PDI facility that is now open and in full operation. The facility is equipped to handle every Heartland travel trailer and fifth-wheel brand on the market. “This facility has attracted some top talent and with a great facility and great working conditions we expect to be the manufacturer of choice in Elkhart County,” said Fenner.

Vigorous Road Tests: Another first for a towable RV manufacturer, Heartland takes units on road tests on a minimum of 250 miles which are then brought back to Heartlands New PDI center where a Senior Management Team was formed to inspect and learn “what dealers see” when they receive a unit. “This information is then spread across all plants to ensure they check for any problems that were identified on the road test. We have put a mission strategy and mindset into our company that we must be better and will be better than our competitors when it comes to quality,” said Hermon, who also serves as president of Cruiser RV, DRV and Bison.

pegmikef

This past year I have been required to deal extensively with customer service. I find it is easier for me to use their email option as I can send photos of the problem when appropriate or include a lengthy description of the problem. I have received excellent, expeditious and professional service from the service department which includes sending me things like two converters, TV replacement reimbursement, a grab handle and a couple of smaller parts. From my perspective, they are customer oriented.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is great to hear. Hoping that the problems the audit facility finds translates into corrective manufacturing practices. A audit to discover the issues is one thing. Taking action to correct them so buyers don't have to, is another. I hope that is what we see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDsStudio59

This is a great sart to a much needed resolution to quality control. It is always best to be a leader, not a follower.

Be safe and well. See you down the road.

dave10a

It is always good when a company spends money on QC. Time will tell how well they implemented and improved QC in the long run.