New Heat vent into Garage!

h20skih

Don't know if anyone has done this, but mine works Great! We had some friends stay overnite in our new 08 3110 Razor and it got pretty cold in the garage beds that nite. So I decided this past weekend to run a new heater vent line to the garage area. I had 3 extra line openings on the heater to tap into, so not a problem. I ran the 4" ducting back behind the inside stairs and then dropped it down & out down through the frame supports and brought it up through the plywood floor under the kitchen drawer cabinets/stove straight to the back wall of the garage. Used a 4" round adj. vent. I turned the furnce on & OMG!!!:rolleyes: Heat in the garage! Pretty simple to do at the factory I would think. I can't be the only one out there that uses their fifth wheel late in the season or at higher elevations to warrant a little bit of heat back their. There is plenty of heat in the front bedroom. Any questions or such let me know.None

Bryan, Lin, Gretchen(Weimereiner) Gsell
2006 KR F350 SRW LB
2008 3100DS Razor
Colorado

bigredtruck

We have put heat into the garage of our Cyclone as well and insulated the floor of the whole coach as there was nothing. Our furnace is right under the fridge next to the garage, so DH just cut through the wall. we just have to find some way of controlling the heat as it gets REALLY toasty back there now. Here are some pics of the insulation:

Attachments

• 09212008420.jpg
    09212008420.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 09212008419.jpg
    09212008419.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 173

djkelsoe

Don't know if anyone has done this, but mine works Great! We had some friends stay overnite in our new 08 3110 Razor and it got pretty cold in the garage beds that nite. So I decided this past weekend to run a new heater vent line to the garage area. I had 3 extra line openings on the heater to tap into, so not a problem. I ran the 4" ducting back behind the inside stairs and then dropped it down & out down through the frame supports and brought it up through the plywood floor under the kitchen drawer cabinets/stove straight to the back wall of the garage. Used a 4" round adj. vent. I turned the furnce on & OMG!!!:rolleyes: Heat in the garage! Pretty simple to do at the factory I would think. I can't be the only one out there that uses their fifth wheel late in the season or at higher elevations to warrant a little bit of heat back their. There is plenty of heat in the front bedroom. Any questions or such let me know.None

Bryan, Lin, Gretchen(Weimereiner) Gsell
2006 KR F350 SRW LB
2008 3100DS Razor
Colorado

Why don't you put this in the Razor forum also. I have a Razor 3110DS and would love to have heat in the garage. I would also like to see some pictures if you have them.

ChopperBill

I dont know how it is in the RV industry but I tried to have a vent put in my garage in the stick home when remodeling and they said they couldn't do it. Some sort of code because exhaust gases could come through the house via the vent. I did put one it however and it works great. Garage seldom gets below 45 in the winter.