Just an old beginner - Outlets not working

Nmroger

My wife and I have had a great life together and are basically computer illiterate. Had a couple of 5th wheels before our 365. I do not know if this is how I am supposed to post an introduction post or not(pushed the arrow) and here I am. No I am not a spammer but I do like it, lots better than Vienna sausages. If it is allowed I would like to know where all of the GFCI receptacles are in my 2018 365 Charleston. I lost all of my 110 ac plugs on my gfi circuits. I found the one in the bathroom and on slide behind tv in the living room have juice coming in changed it out no help. I think there must be another gfi somewhere that I cant find and this is probably the problem. If someone could tell me where to look I would appreciate it. Tried the dealer but it is the weekend salesman sent me a number for a tech but he isn't on till Monday. Any way just trying to get ac back. Really like this trailer no complaints till now. Have a good day.
Roger and Janet

danemayer

Hi Nmroger,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Usually these rigs have a single GFCI outlet located in the bathroom, with downstream outlets on the same circuit. And those outlets are generally in areas that could potentially get wet - kitchen, docking center, exterior outlets.

It's not necessarily a GFCI problem. There are other possible causes for partial loss of AC power, including problems getting both power legs all the way from the campground pedestal to the main circuit breaker panel.

Can you run all 3 air conditioners? Is the water heater working on electric? Microwave? Have you tried outlets in the bedroom, both sides of the living room, as well as the kitchen?

We have a detailed owner-written Electrical user guide with many pictures and drawings that may help you with this problem. It's located in this folder.

By the way, I moved your post into the 120V AC sub-forum.

Tom-n-Barb

Double check the gfci in the bathroom, when I tried my plugs they also did not work when we picked up our new Landmark. I found out that when I pushed the reset with my fat fingers I could not push it in far enough to reset and had to use the tip of a screwdriver to push it in far enough to reset. Ours is located under a cabinet and somewhat hard to see.

dave10a

Most likely cause for loss of power in all receptacle that are protected by a GFCI receptacle is the one that is the main GFCI needs to be reset. It has two little bush buttons - one for test and one for reset. Push the reset and it most likely will restore power to all the others in its circuit.

wdk450

Most modern GFI outlets have a green status LED on them - if the LED is lit, the GFI is NOT tripped.

But there have been reported cases of defective GFI outlets. The final test is with a voltmeter of the outgoing (to the other outlets protected) terminals/wiring from the GFI outlet.