Propane leak somewhere in the front of camper 2014 Cyclone

fastcarsspeed

So what are the common areas to look at? It is somewhere in the passenger side front compartment. Is this typically the regulator or should I look elsewhere? Do I just do the soap water bottle to find it?

wdk450

Re: Leak somewhere in the front of camper 2014 Cyclone

Common places to look are in the propane tank mounting areas, where there are flexible lines used, and where there are pipeline connectors like elbows or sizing adapters. Mine was in an elbow fitting, and took an RV professional a couple of hours to find/fix. Final test pf the system should be a leak down pressure test. You can use a common propane tank pressure capacity gauge for this: https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...BHYNspV5OsLWQ36YrVyhUe-rw_wPTV6BoCfaEQAvD_BwE . You turn off all propane devices, turn off the tank(s), screw the gauge inline with a tank, turn on the tank valve for a few seconds then turn the tank valve off. If the gauge holds pressure for a few minutes all is OK - if the pressure leaks down pretty quickly you have a leak in the system.

I found an inexpensive pen-type electronic propane "sniffer" tool on the Home Depot website: https://www.homedepot.com/p/General...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMyshJ630d0CFcEXrQYdlMYPBA Bubble juice is the next test.

With safety in mind, you may want an RV professional to pursue this problem.

danemayer

First thing to check is the tanks. There's a screw near the valve handle that is used by the person filling the tank. They open it when filling. If they don't close it completely, you'll have a leak.

LBR

Squirt bottle with soapy water on everything related to the propane system... you'll find the issue quickly.

Lou_and_Bette

On one side of your rig you have a propane tank and the automatic change over selector/regulator. The auto selector has a lever to change which tank you are currently drawing off of. On the other side of your rig, you will have a tank and a pressure reducing valve, mine were red but that is not a definite on color. I’ve had 2 leaks over the years and both times it was that pressure reducing valve that was leaking. On the backside of that valve, there is a small hole that allows the valve to adjust to the atmosphere and the rubber diaphragm in this valve decays and allows propane to escape from this hole. If this is the culprit, the tank near this valve needs to be on and you can feel the gas blowing out. Most RV part stores carry this valve as they go bad frequently