Check your slide insulation

bwdt

I know that this is model specific but this issue could be in other units, so I posted it here.
I have a mid bunk Big Horn Traveler 2018 model and have been having many issues, the list is very long and they are slowly getting dealt with but it is becoming very tiring. This is the latest.

From a previous post about mid bunk cooling issues, I added a booster fan with a new duct tied into the AC ceiling vents to help as there virtually no cooling in the mid bunk models, this helped greatly but it was still getting warm. My son was still complaining that it was very warm on hot days and that he though the heat was coming in from the slide. I talked to heartland about it and it was decided that I should pull the lights to check for insulation as the ceiling on the mid bunk room slide was hot on hot days and non of the other slides were hot. My unit also has slide toppers so no direct sun on the slide roofs. I pulled the lights and found that there is no insulation on the slide roof, so now I have another repair to do.......very tiring. You should check you slide roofs on a hot day to check if you have slide roofs that feel hot, if they do, pull the lights and check for insulation, if non, contact heartland. Good luck, I cannot believer how many screw ups they make on some of their units.:mad: