Hey Alex

boatdoc

Instead of a PM I thought I'd post here so others maybe going the same route could use your info also.
We've had Wildblue now for over the contract period and with the upcomming rainy season here in the PNW we have decided to give it the boot, you know RAINFADE, it's terrible. I have started gathering the pieces needed to go with Verizon broadband, USB727 so far. I know the signal here is good, as a freind RV's here at our home for a few weeks a year and she has never had a problem with her connection with Verizon. My question to you is, which Cradlepoint router would not be overkill for us having a wireless laptop which the wife considers her's and the PC I'm on now, hooked up to the Linksys via Ethernet cable.
We don't run a bussiness or do very much downloading at all. Normal E-mail and surfing most of the time. We do however get on the internet at the same time very often. Very rarely does the laptop get used more than 20 feet away from the router.
When we do our annual trip South for a couple of months only the laptop goes so the router will stay here at the stick built house.

Thanks for ALL you do to help us RVers make the right choices, Gary

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
Gary, thanks for the "public" inquiry.

For what you describe, my recommended router would be the Cradlepoint CTR500.

Just like its big brother (MBR1000), the CTR500 has LED lights on its body to indicate the EVDO signal being received by the USB727 (but not the UM175).

CTR500_Lights.png

Last edited: