Furrion mount and questions/concerns about wiring into marker light

stateofdade

My DS320 came with the pre-installed mount and wiring. I opted out of paying 350+ for a Furrion system and selected another brand of wireless camera. Naturally, since it's a Furrion mount, it's tough to get everything to fit. I've found a mounting bracket/adapter which serves my purposes, but I'm filtering through some ideas. My main issue lies in the fact that the mount was horribly installed. The majority of the screws securing the mount to the camper are stripped out, the mount wobbles around, and you can see where they put holes in the siding which were off center and then had to put more holes there to center the mount. The entire thing is unstable to be sure. Is this kind of thing covered under the first year's warranty? We're making a list of things that need to be seen to as we go out on the weekends. I'm thinking of just mounting it myself below the Furrion mount. Is this feasible? What are my options? I'm really only needing to provide a source of power to the camera when my lights are on. I've read that I can do this by linking into the center marker light on the back, which seems simple enough after pulling it apart, but I'm trying to figure out if the white wire is the hot wire, etc.. Any help is appreciated.

jbeletti

I've mounted alternate cameras to the blank plate on the Furrion mount. Worked well. Never took the Furrion mount (housing) off the coach - never seen a loose one. Unsure on warranty. Speak with your selling dealer.

stateofdade

I've re-secured everything and properly sealed it. Can anyone tell me if the white wire on the marker light is the hot wire? There's a white and a green wire. I want to wire the camera power directly to one of those lights so that there is only power being supplied to the camera if the lights are on. I've heard horror stories about the stock wiring being "on" all of the time and eating away at the battery.

jbeletti

I've re-secured everything and properly sealed it. Can anyone tell me if the white wire on the marker light is the hot wire? There's a white and a green wire. I want to wire the camera power directly to one of those lights so that there is only power being supplied to the camera if the lights are on. I've heard horror stories about the stock wiring being "on" all of the time and eating away at the battery.

I can't confirm which wire is the DC+ but while up there, you need DC+ and DC-. Using a voltmeter will confirm which is which :)