Getting Ready

We have a 26SRL we just purchased used. I'm hoping to communicate wth someone who also owns one. I have a couple of questions. First where is the fresh water drain? Second (ad being a newbie) probably anyone can answer this. When you hook up to city water does it go to the fresh water tank or bypass straight to the pump? I'm thinking that it does but I've never hooked up before and I'm ready to check out the plumbing. Comments appreciated.

danemayer

Hi TexasAggie66,

Take a look at the diagram on page 6 of our owner-written Water Systems Guide.

When you hook up to city water, the pressurized water from the spigot goes to all the plumbing fixtures. The output side of the water pump is teed into the same lines going to the fixtures.

To fill the fresh tank, it depend whether you have a gravity fill, or a 4-way Anderson Valve. These are explained on pages 7-9 of the guide. If you have gravity fill, the water hose from the spigot has to be connected to the tank fill inlet. If 4-way Anderson Valve, the valve selector must get move to the TANK position to fill the fresh tank. There's only 1 water inlet fitting, so the hose connection point is the same as when using city water.

Fresh water tanks are usually located above the axles. Look on the off-door-side, just in front of the axles for a short piece of PEX tubing hanging down. It'll have a valve control used to drain the tank.

Hi TexasAggie66,

Take a look at the diagram on page 6 of our owner-written Water Systems Guide.

When you hook up to city water, the pressurized water from the spigot goes to all the plumbing fixtures. The output side of the water pump is teed into the same lines going to the fixtures.

To fill the fresh tank, it depend whether you have a gravity fill, or a 4-way Anderson Valve. These are explained on pages 7-9 of the guide. If you have gravity fill, the water hose from the spigot has to be connected to the tank fill inlet. If 4-way Anderson Valve, the valve selector must get move to the TANK position to fill the fresh tank. There's only 1 water inlet fitting, so the hose connection point is the same as when using city water.

Fresh water tanks are usually located above the axles. Look on the off-door-side, just in front of the axles for a short piece of PEX tubing hanging down. It'll have a valve control used to drain the tank.

Thanks for the reference. The paper work I received when purchasing was mostly general description and operating information. The water system guide has the details I was seeking. It does show a check valve at the pump tie. So unless the check valve doesn't hold then I should be good to go. I'll crawl underneath and see if I can locate the drain. My plan is to sanitize the fresh water tank as we had the trailer for a coule of months while I've worked on things like lighting upgrade to LED, new handles, locks, air conditioning etc. thanks again.

CoveredWagon

If you have the 4 way Andersen valve that Dan referred to, Do Not switch the valve position when you have water pressure on the system ( city water hook up). If you do there is a good chance you might damage one of the seals on the valve body. Not the worst thing in the world, but it’s just one more thing you don’t want to deal with.
BTW don’t ask me how I know 😉

pegmikef

You do not have an Anderson valve on yours. To fill the fresh water tank, you should use the gravity fill water input which is identified by the fact that it does not have a threaded fitting for a hose connection on it. You must put the fill hose inside the fill tube (I made a short extension hose, that had no connector on the output end and it fit right in the fill tube. I seem to remember that there was also a black tank flush capability with another threaded water input on the door side. WARNING: Make sure your black tank valve is open before connecting a hose to the flush opening. It seems to me the fresh water tank drain is a hose with a valve on the end of it somewhere behind the rear off door side. You may have to lower part of the corroplast to find it if it is not hanging down.

You do not have an Anderson valve on yours. To fill the fresh water tank, you should use the gravity fill water input which is identified by the fact that it does not have a threaded fitting for a hose connection on it. You must put the fill hose inside the fill tube (I made a short extension hose, that had no connector on the output end and it fit right in the fill tube. I seem to remember that there was also a black tank flush capability with another threaded water input on the door side. WARNING: Make sure your black tank valve is open before connecting a hose to the flush opening. It seems to me the fresh water tank drain is a hose with a valve on the end of it somewhere behind the rear off door side. You may have to lower part of the corroplast to find it if it is not hanging down.

Thanks. If it stops raining I'll crawl under and see what I can find. Thanks all