LP Gas Regulator Contaminated and Noisy

Ray59

Got a supply of contaminated propane which contained oil. First noticed black carbon build-up at the stove burner and a clogged nozzle on the fridge. I disconnected the hose between the curbside tank and the regulator on the curbside and a teaspoon of oil flowed out. I also disconnected the hose going from the outlet of the street side regulator and the gas main under the trailer and got oil flow from that also. I assume that it is the oil that was causing my regulators the be noisy; a pulsing sound that can be heard in the bedroom. I'm going to try to clean hoses and regulators as best I can. Anyone have any tips? My main question has to do with the street side regulator/ changeover valve. Why doesn't this act as a regulator for both tanks? Is the curbside reg. a second one in that line?

danemayer

Hi Ray59,

In order to eliminate the curb side regulator, the line from that propane tank to the changeover regulator would have to be iron pipe. The rubber? tubing is ok as long as the pressure is reduced before the propane goes under the living area.