Propane gauge reading

emery395

Need help understanding what these gauges and handle position are indicating.
Foe example does green show full tank with just a bit of red on one?
what does positioning of handle indicate?
Will gas automatically switch tanks when one empties ?

TIA

Attachments

• 1E70FFC2-E39D-4E4B-97E6-5D7452A7B782.jpg
    1E70FFC2-E39D-4E4B-97E6-5D7452A7B782.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The green means the tank in use still has gas in it (the selector should be pointing at it). When it turns red, that tank is empty and the regulator is drawing off the other tank. You need to switch the selector to that tank before removing the empty one to get it refilled. Warning: the indicator has been known to lie and not turn red until both are empty, it’s zero-dark thirty and the temps are dropping. DAMHIKT.

I’m replacing my OEM regulator next spring for leaving me out in the cold one last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sowie

Mopeka tank check is a wireless system that will tell you the tank levels from your Bluetooth phone or a gauge that comes with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Are the Mopeka products very accurate?

I bought three of the dial gauge LP tank monitor thingies at Camping World and none of them are anywhere near accurate.

Now they are collecting dust in my shed.

jbeletti

Are the Mopeka products very accurate?

I bought three of the dial gauge LP tank monitor thingies at Camping World and none of them are anywhere near accurate.

Now they are collecting dust in my shed.

Yes, the app is real accurate to the actual tank volume remaining.

Below is the tank reading via the app and then via the tank with a different tester.

bcce8034a6caa4508b5f2e22f7d62c6d.png

09fe47d645e9de02294684b1e1e64437.jpg

Mrsfish

We’ve had our propane gas reader (Mopeka) since the Pueblo rally..(thanks MacVie’s) we love,love,love it. We mounted the gauge by our other tank gauges and it’s so convenient. We have also found them very accurate. They make a great gift for your rving friend or family. Bought ours on Amazon

JohnDar

Just placed the order for two sensors w/halo rings and the monitor. So, next Spring, I'll have a new propane regulator and tank sensors to mount. That and changing window screen material to the cat-proof material I have.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just placed the order for two sensors w/halo rings and the monitor. So, next Spring, I'll have a new propane regulator and tank sensors to mount. That and changing window screen material to the cat-proof material I have.

Is anything cat proof these days? :cool:

JohnDar

Is anything cat proof these days?

That PetScreen material is about as good as it gets.
Now, if I could just get Mickey to stop batting nuggets of catfood all over the place

gasman

Camp Socializer
We’ve had our propane gas reader (Mopeka) since the Pueblo rally..(thanks MacVie’s) we love,love,love it. We mounted the gauge by our other tank gauges and it’s so convenient. We have also found them very accurate. They make a great gift for your rving friend or family. Bought ours on Amazon

Ann can I be your family??

Domi

Is there a way to move thee sensors to a different tank? Thinking about when the tanks age out and you need to get new ones.

Thanks,

John

jerryjay11

Is there a way to move thee sensors to a different tank? Thinking about when the tanks age out and you need to get new ones.

Thanks,

John
The Mopeka sensors are easily removed and can be placed on another tank because they are held only by magnets. Just need to remember to remove the tank clips (spacers) from the bottom of the old tank. If placing on the same size tank no calibration is needed. They can be calibrated via the app for several tank sizes. Go to their web site and read up on them.

jbeletti

Thanks,

John

To put a finer point on Jerry's spot-on reply, see the red circle in the image below. On the bottom of the sensor, below the red circle is a strong magnet that is built into the sensor package. One merely grabs the sensor package and prys it from the tank bottom. Then place it on another (or same) tank with the magnet in the center of the tank bottom. Done - sensor moved to new tank :)

Mopeka - Propane Tank Level Sensors.jpg

jerryjay11

You can also see the 3 clip on spacers that allow clearance for the sensors. When changing out the sensors ensure the magnets don't pull from then. I had to glue one back on one of my sensors.

JohnDar

They also sell “halo rings” for the bottom of the tank that take the place of the clips. I ordered those.

jbeletti

They also sell “halo rings” for the bottom of the tank that take the place of the clips. I ordered those.

I've got 2 halos coming as well. Don't care for the rubber feet as they don't like to stay on when changing tanks. Considered using silicone rubber to cement them in place but the halos make so much sense :)