New Structural Warranty on Heartland RVs

pegmikef

Apparently I was sleeping went they posted this, but this is the first I have heard of the three year structural warranty on all Heartland RVs starting in 2018. Hope I don't have to use it, but it is nice to know it is there.

Attachments

• Heartland Warranty.jpg
    Heartland Warranty.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 108

jbeletti

Mike, I think the intent is that Landmark is the only Heartland brand with the 3-year structural warranty. I will check into it and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G_S

So anything made prior to 2018 can just stuff it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

So I was in error here. Just spoke to Coley Brady, our VP of Sales and he confirmed that the structural warranty component covers all brands - not just Landmark. Thanks Mike for bringing this up!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
The reality is that when a manufacturer starts a new warranty program, it always begins with the model year when the warranty changes. For example, if Heartland change saying that they were now only giving Landmark's 1 year of warranty, the people who bought theirs the calendar year before, would still have their 2 year "bumper to bumper" warranty, even though the new coaches would only have one. Same thing applies when the warranty gets better, it only applies to the calendar years of the change or later.

Rod

pegmikef

The 3-year structural component of the warranty covers units produced since 1/1/2018.

Jim, when Joe Maxwell and I bought our Oshkoshs, we were told that the 2018 and a half models would be covered. I don't know for sure. Hopefully I won't need it and I really think with the amount of use and number of miles we put on ours, any structural defects will probably surface well before the two year warranty is up.

Last edited:

Bogie

Instead of speculating, can we have Mr. Brady chime in here and provide the a definitive answer as to when the longer warranty applies and when it doesn't. Also, maybe a definition of "structural" (what's covered and what's not).

Thanks

jbeletti

Instead of speculating, can we have Mr. Brady chime in here and provide the a definitive answer as to when the longer warranty applies and when it doesn't. Also, maybe a definition of "structural" (what's covered and what's not).

Thanks

No speculation. Mr. Brady told me yesterday that the change was made on 1/1/2018. Now, what is considered structural, I do not know. I'll try to find out though :)

danemayer

I've attached the warranty statements, including the 3 year structural warranty, from the 2019 Trailer Manual. A similar (perhaps identical) statement is included in the 2017 manual for trailers built after Nov 1, 2017.

Attachments

• Trailer 2019-owners-manual 3 yr struct warranty.pdf
    211.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

jbeletti

To add a bit more information to this thread, I obtained the attached "Non-Landmark" warranty flier for coaches produced on or after November 1, 2017. It's a bit high level in terms of detail but also a bit more comprehensive in terms of warranty length by major system.

Attachments

• Warranty Info Sheet Dec 2017 email.pdf
    363.8 KB · Views: 32

jbeletti

And here is the flier for Landmarks produced on or after November 1, 2017.

Attachments

• Warranty Info Sheet Landmark 2 Year.pdf
    392 KB · Views: 22

jbeletti

I guess Furrion didn't make the list?

Mark - Heartland Customer Service confirmed to me that the Furrion Warranty on all products is 1 year. Details below (image) and attached (PDF).
Furrion Products Warranty - October 2018.jpg

Attachments

• Furrion Products Warranty - October 2018.pdf
    366.3 KB · Views: 2