SOLVED: Removed and Reinstalled Main Propane Line, now can't get any propane to appliances

6.7LMegaCab

I need a bit of help. I had to drop part of the underbelly on my RW 400, which also required removing the main propane lines. I finally got everything back together today, but not after sitting with everything disconnected for the last couple weeks. I tried opening a burner on the stove to get the propane to bleed and nothing is coming out. I tried turning on the fridge to run propane and after a few seconds it says "no FL", assuming that means "no flow". When changing to the street side tank, the regulator on that side has a weird sound, sorry it's hard to describe.

Can anyone point me to where to begin troubleshooting? The propane system worked perfectly fine prior to disconnecting everything. We are leaving for my son's hunting trip on Friday and this is the last thing holding us up.

Thank you in advance for the help!

gasman

Camp Socializer
Re: Removed and Reinstalled Main Propane Line, now can't get any propane to appliances

Try unscrewing the rubber hose where it connects to the black iron pipe. If you don't have gas at that point, shut off both tank valves and unscrew the pigtails. Reattach the pigtails and SLOWLY turn on the valves in case the excess flow valves have tripped out.

6.7LMegaCab

Re: Removed and Reinstalled Main Propane Line, now can't get any propane to appliances

Thank you, gasman! I will try that tomorrow evening and report back my findings.

6.7LMegaCab

They say it helps to connect ALL lines. Got home trying to troubleshoot again and same thing. I forgot to connect a line causing the excess flow. But it wasn't evident until I disconnected/reconnected the tanks and slowly cracked one valve. That was when it started flowing and I heard a line leaking. It does help. That's what I get for working into the dark with only a flashlight in hand. Everything is working fine now.

2 lessons learned: connect all lines and don't work on it in the dark; you're bound to miss something lol.

However, the good was I would have never known about cracking the valve slowly. So 3 lessons learned.

Thanks again, gasman!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk