JENSEN 26" and 32" LCD TV turns on automatically

JENSENRVdirect

[SIZE=-0]These televisions may have software that allows the television to turn on automatically (on its own) in some applications. This issue can be resolved through a firmware update to the television. If you are experiencing this issue, please call our toll free technical support at (877) 845-8750.

[/SIZE]
For any other issues, please visit the troubleshooting section of our website at www.asaelectronics.com.

JENSEN and Voyager Tech Support Team

wagenman

I called ASA yesterday afternoon cause I have a Jensen LCD that does turn itself on. I was impressed that somebody answered the phone with out a long automated answering service. But here is what I learned..
I live in Michigian and am not a full timer so my coach is stored away for the winter, so that means I dont have easy access to it. When you call ASA they want some numbers off the back of your TV set other than the model and serial number, and they are not in the user manual... no big deal
Then if you have all the numbers they send you out a little "black programmer box" to update the software in your TV. Once it is downloaded you send the black box back to them so they can send it to the next customer that needs it.
I was not able to get to my coach for at least a couple of months so I just said that I would call back when I could do the update right away. And they were happy that I was honest about that cause they do not want the programmers gone for that long at a time...
SO if your getting ready to do this update, make sure that you are able to get it done within a week or so of recieving your porgammer...
But like everybody has said, ASA (jensen) was plesant to deal with and very helpfull.. I can see why Heartland uses them as a vendor!!