Furrion Oven Door.

Dan50

I have a 2018 Big Country 3950FB. When bringing in the kitchen slide the wife left an island cupboard door open and it made contact with the Furrion stove front and shattered the outer glass and bent the handle. I am hoping I can change just the oven door. Has anyone had the occasion to remove the Furrion oven door and if so how was it done? I wonder what a new door will cost. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Dan - I haven't heard of anyone on this forum having replaced their oven door.

I suggest you either Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) or Lippert Customer Service (866-524-7821) and get the ball rolling on replacement, cost and install tips.

RoadJunkie

Dan, I dislocated the left hinge of our oven door when a drawer opened and wedged between the drawer handle and the bottom of the oven door. The oven door was off the left hinge and dangled about. I used gorilla tape to secure the door until I could fix it. I did not see an easy fix based on watching UTUBE videos about oven doors, in general. I thought some of the hinge had been left inside the oven. So, I went about trying to find out how to remove the door and secondly how much a new door was going to cost. "Bob" at Heartland thought there were problems with the early versions of the door hinge and that there was a PDF file that demonstrated the removal process and he would look it up...last I heard from Bob. I called again and reminded him of the issue and he indicated he couldn't find it. I called Furrion and made contact with a young-sounding woman that used to work with Bob. She did not know of any such PDF document, as well. But everyone I talked to thought it was an easy process and shouldn't be much of a problem to remove the door. So, I called parts at Heartland and they quoted a new door at about $700+. I decided to roll up my sleeves and take a 3rd look at the door hinge. Fortunately I found that the bottom hinge mount had pushed it's way into the oven door slot and took a little effort to pull it out. Once out I was able to determine that there was a slot on the hinge mount that mated with a vertical metal piece on the oven side of the hinge assembly. I maneuvered the mount pieces together and slid the slot onto the mating metal piece and it sorta popped into place. Oh, almost forgot. When I was figuring all this out I got a call from Heartland parts and they said the door price was misquoted and it was actually about $450.00.

I think if you remove the bottom hinge mounts from the slotted assembly, the bottom of the door will be free. Now you have the door stop limit pieces to disengage. They are the metal pieces that freely slide in an out and limit how far the door can open. I can't help you with that process. So, good luck and let me know if I can offer some additional information.

Dan50

Dan, I dislocated the left hinge of our oven door when a drawer opened and wedged between the drawer handle and the bottom of the oven door. The oven door was off the left hinge and dangled about. I used gorilla tape to secure the door until I could fix it. I did not see an easy fix based on watching UTUBE videos about oven doors, in general. I thought some of the hinge had been left inside the oven. So, I went about trying to find out how to remove the door and secondly how much a new door was going to cost. "Bob" at Heartland thought there were problems with the early versions of the door hinge and that there was a PDF file that demonstrated the removal process and he would look it up...last I heard from Bob. I called again and reminded him of the issue and he indicated he couldn't find it. I called Furrion and made contact with a young-sounding woman that used to work with Bob. She did not know of any such PDF document, as well. But everyone I talked to thought it was an easy process and shouldn't be much of a problem to remove the door. So, I called parts at Heartland and they quoted a new door at about $700+. I decided to roll up my sleeves and take a 3rd look at the door hinge. Fortunately I found that the bottom hinge mount had pushed it's way into the oven door slot and took a little effort to pull it out. Once out I was able to determine that there was a slot on the hinge mount that mated with a vertical metal piece on the oven side of the hinge assembly. I maneuvered the mount pieces together and slid the slot onto the mating metal piece and it sorta popped into place. Oh, almost forgot. When I was figuring all this out I got a call from Heartland parts and they said the door price was misquoted and it was actually about $450.00.

I think if you remove the bottom hinge mounts from the slotted assembly, the bottom of the door will be free. Now you have the door stop limit pieces to disengage. They are the metal pieces that freely slide in an out and limit how far the door can open. I can't help you with that process. So, good luck and let me know if I can offer some additional information.

Thank you, sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Dan - I haven't heard of anyone on this forum having replaced their oven door.

I suggest you either Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) or Lippert Customer Service (866-524-7821) and get the ball rolling on replacement, cost and install tips.

Thanks Jim.