Considering Ladder Purchase?

jbeletti

I got a great deal on a used 12' model from Mr Fish, but had I not, I would be interested in the 16' model now on sale at HD. The 300# weight capacity is what I would have needed too.

Thanks for posting this Len.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have an Extend & Climb. It’s about four years old and I would never buy another or one like it. It will extend, but collapsing it is a major PITA. Do not get it wet (like when washing the rig), or it will jam up big time. Have to turn it upside down and bang it down to get it retracted.

No repair and no customer support. Went back to my Cosco folding ladder (similar to Little Giant) from Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark-Roberta 051995

I bought the 12' model from a guy on my local Craigslist. He bought his at Sherwin Williams for a painting project. 1 month later he did not want it as he only needed for his project. $80 is what I paid so I saved about $45. I have used it numerous times, both at home and camper.

Mark

jbeletti

Never used one of these, but you need 14' or more. 12' is not tall enough.

To use the 12 footer for the tall 5th wheel, I set it up against the OEM ladder, climb up on the 12 footer until I get to the top of it, then climb the last 2 rungs of the OEM ladder. Ths takes a lot of downward stress off the OEM ladder when my "full figured" frame is on it :)

Gaffer

To use the 12 footer for the tall 5th wheel, I set it up against the OEM ladder, climb up on the 12 footer until I get to the top of it, then climb the last 2 rungs of the OEM ladder. Ths takes a lot of downward stress off the OEM ladder when my "full figured" frame is on it :)
A guy at the big show in Quartzsite had them for $100. Not sure of the size. If 12' would still be a bargain. Just use Jim's method against the ladder rather than on the side. BTW..... do we have a date for the Quartzsite lunch @ La Mesa?

jbeletti

A guy at the big show in Quartzsite had them for $100. Not sure of the size. If 12' would still be a bargain. Just use Jim's method against the ladder rather than on the side. BTW..... do we have a date for the Quartzsite lunch @ La Mesa?

The plan is for Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 from 11 am to 1 pm. I await final confirmation from LaMesa that they are 100% on board with this. When I have their confirmation, it will be locked and it will be posted on that event thread on this forum.